The next operating system of Google has been seen on a GeekBench listing for Google Pixel 4 smartphone. In the listing, the operating system is mentioned as Android R. To recall, before Google officially dropped alphabet moniker for its OS levels, the Android 10 was being referred to as Android Q. Therefore, it is possible that the device is being internally tested at the next operating system level.
Since this was spotted, it being speculates that the Developer Preview of the Android R operating system is being rolled out soon.
At its Google I/O 2020, the company is expected to also launch its mid-range smartphones — Pixel 4a and Pixel 4a XL. Last week, a report by XDA-Developers has suggested that three new device code-names have been discovered on Android Open Source Project (AOSP). “These code-names suggest that Google may be working on more than one mid-range 2020 Pixel—one of which is likely the Pixel 4a,” says the report.
The three code-names that were found align with Google’s internal code-naming convention that relates to some kind of fish. XDA Developers has found Sunfish, Redfin and Bramble. The Sunfish code-name is based on the sm7150 platform — which code-name for Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 SoC — and is said to be for the Pixel 4a. The Redfin has been spotted with sm7250 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 SoC. This chipset comes with integrated 5G modem and chances are that this is for the Pixel 4a XL. Lastly, Bramble is also seen with Snapdragon 765 SoC.
|See Full Specifications|
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel 128GB
- 11 Things You Can Do in Android Oreo That You Couldn't Before
- The shape of things to come: The Acer Iconia Tab A110 has quad-core power and Android 4.0, all for a reported $200
- Can the Pebble smartwatch attract iPhone and Android users?
- Nintendo Scotches Android Console Rumor
- ANDROID APP REVIEW PYKL3 Radar Is a Fine Foul-Weather Tracker
- Android flagship throwdown: Razer Phone vs. Google Pixel 2 XL
- One More Pixel Thing: Is Google prepping a third superphone to take on iPhone X?
- Good news Xperia fans! The Xperia Z3+ is a version of the cool Xperia Z4 for everyone
- Temple Run 2 lands in Google Play store
- Sony announces the Xperia Sola