Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 9 PM. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
In Congress’ Republic Day gift to PM Modi, a copy of Constitution
As nation celebrated the 71st Republic Day, the Congress on Sunday decided to send PM Modi a copy of the Constitution. Taking a swipe at the PM, the grand old party also urged Modi to take some time out to read the book. Read more.
On R-Day, 7 mn people in Kerala form 620-km long human chain against CAA
Kerala’s chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan was among the nearly seven million people who participated in a human chain on Sunday organised by the ruling Left Democratic Front (LDF) to protest the amended citizenship act and National Register of Citizens. Read more.
Indian, global megacities growing at unprecedented rate: UK study
The world’s biggest cities are growing at an unprecedented rate – particularly in India and the global South – with 11 of the planet’s 30 biggest cities each adding more than 10 million citizens over the last four decades, according to a new study. Read more.
HT Editorial | Delhi polls: Avoid divisive rhetoric
The discourse in the Delhi election is starting to increasingly centre along divisive national issues, and the responsibility for it largely lies with the BJP. Read more.
India vs New Zealand: After match-winning 50, KL Rahul reveals ‘mantra’ behind consistency
KL Rahul was the star of the show once again as his 11th 50 in T20Is led India’s charge as the visitors rattled past New Zealand to win the second match of the series. Chasing a modest target of 133, India lost Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli rather early and hence, Rahul dropped anchor and played a superb innings. Read more.
Alia Bhatt sends Kangana Ranaut flowers after Padma Shri honour, Rangoli Chandel says ‘I am enjoying it’
Alia Bhatt sent a bouquet of flowers to Kangana Ranaut to congratulate her on being conferred with the prestigious Padma Shri. Kangana’s sister and manager Rangoli Chandel was amused by this gesture and took to Twitter to express the same. Read more.
Tinder turns ‘saviour’ for woman who got stranded in the wilderness. Here’s how
Lonia Haeger was out for a thrill-seeking adventure with her friend and dog when their journey took an extremely dangerous turn as they got stuck in an icy road. Thankfully, it’s an idea involving the dating app Tinder which ended up saving their lives. Read more.
- Team Entropy update: Bad weather brings more chaos to wild-card races
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
- Sony Reveals New PS4 Games On State Of Play Livestream [Update]
- U.S. Women’s Soccer National Team – Biggest News Stories of 2016
- ‘Are you drunk?’ College student’s stunning win at Keeneland among opening-day highlights.
- FIA World Endurance Championship opens up with 6 Hours of Silverstone
- The Latest: Jim Brown recalls Ali as social force, comedian
- 49ers mock drafts: Why analysts are conflicted over ninth pick as decision day nears
- The Latest: Abdul-Jabbar recalls Ali tormenting opponents
- The Latest: Jesse Jackson calls Ali a 'social transformer'
- The Latest: LeBron James calls Muhammad Ali 'the first icon'
- The Latest: Jerry West says Ali had 'God-like presence'
- The Latest: Presidential candidates say Ali is The Greatest
- The Latest: Ali plea to free journalist was 'turning point'
- MLB Saturday scores, highlights, live team updates, news: Dodgers, Giants play two
- MLB Sunday scores, highlights, live team updates, news: Yankees, Rays try to keep winning streaks alive
- MLB Wednesday scores, highlights, live team updates, news: Scherzer vs. Yankees, Harvey vs. Giants, NL Central madness
- NBA Monday news, scores, schedule, highlights, updates: Westbrook triple-double sends Thunder to playoffs
- MLB Wednesday scores, highlights, live team updates, news: Price tries to keep scoreless streak alive
- MLB Wednesday scores, highlights, live team updates, news: Miguel Cabrera moves up RBI list
News updates from Hindustan Times at 9 pm: In Congress’ Republic Day gift to PM Modi, a copy of Constitution and all the latest news at this hour have 661 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at January 26, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.