Best Smart Home Products Under $50 Android Central 2020
Building out your dream smart home doesn’t mean you have to drop hundreds of dollars on smart home stuff. There are some quality smart home products that are available for under $50 that let you upgrade your smart home one room at a time. We’ve rounded up the best value for smart speakers, smart bulbs, smart plugs and more so that you can kick back and enjoy your fancy new smart home.
- Add more Alexa: Echo Dot (3rd Gen)
- Add Alexa to your TV: Fire TV Stick
- Great standalone smart bulb: LIFX A19 Mini Color Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb
- OK, Google!: Google Home Mini
- Futuristic AF: Nexlux LED Strip Lights
- Smart control for outdoor lights: TP-Link Kasa Smart Light Switch
- Works with the Alexa app: Amazon Smart Plug
- Great bundle: Aukey Wi-Fi Smart Plug 4-pack
- Monitor your home remotely: Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera w/ 32GB MicroSD
Amazon’s entry-level smart speaker makes the list because it’s as functional as the Amazon Echo while small enough to blend into any room you set it in, letting you extend Alexa voice control through more of your home. Amazon is currently offering Echo Dot bundles with a TP-Link smart plug or two Sengled smart bulbs for an extra $15 to $20 — a great deal that shows off how much utility the Echo Dot can provide.
Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is an affordable way to turn any TV into a smart TV. The remote is designed to navigate apps, control media, or trigger Alexa with the built-in microphone. Add your favorite streaming services and have Alexa at your fingertips whether or not you own other Amazon Echo products. The Fire TV Stick 4K is also available if you own a 4K TV.
One multicolor bulb can make all the difference in adding some personality to a room in your home. LIFX is great because its smart bulbs don’t require a hub to connect with Alexa or Google Assistant. Simply plug it into any lamp or light socket in your house and you’re off to the races.
Google Assistant is probably baked into the phone you use every day, so it makes sense to stick with Google for your home smart speakers. The Google Home Mini is a colorful and compact smart speaker that lets you connect and control smart home products through the Google Home app, and while Amazon’s smart home ecosystem is a bit broader than Google’s, you’ll get better integration with Chromecast, YouTube, and other Google products and services you may rely on.
Used strategically, a single LED strip can make any room in your home instantly more futuristic and stylish. Each strip is sold with a Wi-Fi controller and power adapter that gives you full control over color customization, scheduling, and more.
Amazon’s Smart Plug does not require you to own an Echo speaker to use voice commands — it connects directly to the Alexa app and lets you control lamps, fans, or appliances and set schedules from your phone. It’s a great option if you’re sticking with the Amazon Alexa ecosystem or buying for someone who already owns an Amazon Echo speaker.
Aukey’s Wi-Fi Smart Plugs are very easy to set up with the Aukey app and work well with Alexa and Google Assistant. It’s a great upgrade for any lamp or small appliance that you want to control with your voice. It’s a simple smart plug that doesn’t block the second outlet at all.
The Wyze Cam Pan is a genius little camera that offers surprising quality and functionality for a low price. You get 1080p streaming video on the Wyze Cam app that can be set up with motion and sound alerts to your phone, or you can plug in a microSD for continuous recording or capturing cool time lapses. It’s a full-featured wired camera that connects to your Wi-Fi network and can be set up virtually anywhere.
It’s okay to upgrade your smart home bit by bit
Investing in smart home products can be a daunting and expensive experience, but that doesn’t have to be the case. The beautiful thing about the products we’ve featured above is that they’re all relatively inexpensive but can still make a big difference in any room.
Whether you’re down with Google Assistant or Alexa, a great option is the Aukey Wi-Fi Smart Plug pack. Smart plugs let you set up and control four small home appliances remotely with the Aukey Home app or using voice commands with your preferred digital assistant. It’s a great option if you’re looking to start automate some lighting or other appliances around the house.
Speaking of lighting, another top reccomendation is the LIFX A19 Mini Color Smart Bulb. Don’t let the pint-size of this bulb fool you, it’s a perfect accent piece for any room and is super easy to set up with no hub required. All you need is the LIFX app and you’re able to get the party started with a couple taps on your phone or a Alexa or Google Assistant voice command. But be warned — once you get one LIFX bulb you’re going to want to buy more of them.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Marc Lagace is the Apps and Games Editor at Android Central. He’s been a gamer for most of his life and actually took a university course on Video Game Theory — which he aced! You can reach out to him on Twitter @spacelagace.
- Best Online Home Business - Who Is Saying So?
- Best Rated Home Business - Secret to Finding the Best Home Business
- A Look at a Very Smart Home
- The Best Muscle Building Product
- Finding the Best Skin Care Product For Your Needs
- With the Best Skin Care Products You Can Kiss Your Acne Goodbye!
- What Are The Best Weight Loss Products?
- 7 Ingredients That Identify the Best Skin Care Products
- How Do I Find The Best Skin Care Products
- Best Skin Care Product Information
- For The Maximum Results You Need The Best Hair Loss Products On The Market
- Finding The Best Hair Loss Products Is Harder Then You Think
- Best Colon Cleansing Products Reviewed
- Selecting The Best Anti Aging Product
- Finding the Best Self Defense Product For You
- Choosing the Best Skin Care Products For You
- Best Price Home Decor - Using Room Divider Screens to Add Interest and Functionality to Your Home
- Best Penis Enlargement Product
- What is the Very Best Herpes Home Remedy for Controlling Outbreaks?
- Keep Yourself Off the Breadline With the Best Refinance Home Mortgage Loan Rate
Best Smart Home Products Under $50 in 2020 have 1388 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at January 8, 2020. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.