REAL MADRID keeper Thibaut Courtois was mocked after he made his “first save of the season” while helping an NBA star who leapt into the crowd.
The ex-Chelsea stopper was courtside watching Miami Heat lose to the Washington Wizards.
But the Belgian got up close and personal with Tyler Herro after the 6ft 4in 19-year-old lost his balance and went straight into the crowd.
Courtois, though, was on hand to prevent the basketball star from taking a tumble after some good handling to grab hold up Herro.
Fans online joked this was the best save of the 27-year-old’s season.
One said: “At least he’s making saves here because he ain’t doing it at Madrid.”
Another said: “First save in years.”
One added: “His first save of the season.”
Courtois’ successes at the Bernabeu have been limited in his first 18 months at the club after a £38million move from Chelsea.
Real went trophyless last season and are in less-than convincing form in this year’s Champions League.
The keeper was hauled off at the break with Real trailing 2-0 to FC Brugge, with fears he had suffered an anxiety attack.
Most read in Football
Traore shirt without sponsor during Watford clash and fans can’t work out why
Thomas Gravesen moved to Las Vegas, took up poker, and is said to have made £100m
Chelsea and City in transfer battle for £60m Leicester full-back Ben Chilwell
Arteta lays down law to Ozil to prevent another false dawn from German star
DAVE THE RAVE
Real Madrid axed David Silva move because of ‘drinking and partying fears’
WEI TO GO
City target Julian Weigl joins Benfica in £20m transfer from Borussia Dortmund
Klopp resigned to losing Lallana in summer but aiming to stop him leaving on free
QPR and Blackpool legend Ian Holloway named as new Grimsby Town manager
But the La Liga responded with a statement making clear there was nothing more troubling than a severe upset stomach for the Belgian to deal with.
The Belgium No1 has enjoyed a better run of performances lately and was hailed by fans in Real’s 1-1 draw at Valencia this month.
He made a crucial one-on-one stop to deny Valencia a second before his late header from a corner in added time set up Karim Benzema’s equaliser.
- UCL PIX: Benzema double sends Real through; Inter out
- European roundup: Vinícius Júnior helps Real Madrid edge out Sevilla
- PIX: Barcelona suffer shock loss; narrow win for Real
- Ex-Real Madrid doctor snubs Cristiano Ronaldo and names Gareth Bale as best athlete he’s ever seen
- How Real Madrid could line up under Pochettino with Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Paulo Dybala brought in to save season
- From dream start to nightmare end, Gareth Bale's Real Madrid career turns sour
- Gareth Bale says it’s ‘nice to be where I’m wanted’ in dig at Real Madrid after nightmare spell before Spurs transfer
- Making of the Macy's Parade (when it was EPIC): How 8,000 volunteers and performers would join 900 clowns and live animals from Central park zoo to pull off America's favorite Thanksgiving spectacle
- George Miller On March Start Date For Next Film, More ‘Mad Max’, Defending Superheroes As Cinema & The Search For Depth That Makes Movies Like ‘Fury Road’ Unforgettable
- YouTube star Jake Paul BACKTRACKS on comments he made calling COVID a 'hoax': 'This reporter misquoted me'
- How Elvis Presley can help us with a Covid vaccine
- NBA players decide to resume playoffs, reports say
- Premier League Fantasy Picks: Back Kane to make north London derby history
- Not the best of judges! Cher tells Brant Daugherty he has 'star quality'... before he gets kicked off Dancing With The Stars
- REVEALED: Rudy Giuliani's star witness in Trump 'voter fraud' hearing was charged with harassing her fiance's ex-wife by sending her graphic sex tapes via anonymous email
- EXCLUSIVE: Star witness in Trump's 'voter fraud' case in Michigan used to strip at Sopranos-inspired club named the Bada Bing, which was shut down after four men - including the manager - were charged with torturing victim in basement
- F1 star Mick Schumacher is son of legend Michael, was 14 when his dad had ski accident, and raced in karting under alias
- I live my life by my stars – I dumped a man as our signs didn’t gel & moved countries when my horoscope said ‘travel’
- EXCLUSIVE: Revealed, 'devastated' childhood friend of Paul Walker pictured risking his own life to try and save actor seconds after fireball car crash
- Uefa Team of the Year nominees revealed with 15 Premier League players making cut – but who gets in ultimate XI?
Real Madrid star Thibaut Courtois mocked as he ‘makes only save all year’ while helping NBA star who leapt into crowd have 864 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 31, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.