International offers, led by a sharp spike in US-based roles, are likely to surge at the Indian Institutes of Technology, based on initial trends, as the older IITs kicked off placements on Sunday. This season, US offers have made a big comeback after a lull of several years, with the likes of Microsoft, Uber, Salesforce, Cohesity, BNY Mellon, PayPal and Clumio offering lucrative jobs to the Class of 2020’s brightest. Japan, which has been the front-runner among international recruiters at the IITs in the last few placement seasons, continues its strong run, with the likes of Sony Japan, Mercari, Honda Japan, NTT-AT, SMS Datatech, Tonichi Insatsu Co and Diverta Inc vying for tech talent. Accenture has opened up international roles in Japan this year, say placement sources, while SAP Labs is hiring for openings in Germany. Deskera, AlphaGrep and Squarepoint Capital are hiring for roles in Singapore. International offers had plummeted at the IITs for the Class of 2017, partly due to reduced US/Europe profiles. While foreign offers for the class of 2018 and 2019 saw an on-year rise, it was largely driven by a demand from Asia: companies based out of Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore. This year,… Read full this story
- IIM Indore completes final placements with average salary of Rs 22.92 lakh
- Cancer therapy has several side-effects; increases risk of heart disease & diabetes in men
- IITE's job portal to open more avenues for aspiring teachers
- TAPMI placements see hike in average salaries
- TISS final placements: Median and average pay crosses Rs 20 Lakh
- Median salary up 14.3% at IIM Amritsar final placements
- Won't share meeting agenda under RTI, says new IIT Guwahati 'resolution'
- Top IITs, IIMs launch consortium to boost entrepreneurship
- IIT Hyderabad looking to expand tie-up with Japan International Cooperation Agency
- SGCT training programme at Smart Grid Control Centre launched at IIT-Kanpur
IIT placements: US rules with fat salaries increase have 305 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.