Both Pixel 4 and Pixel 4XL are selling on Amazon India’s website by the same seller — slidecart_electronics. Since the two smartphones never launched in India, we did not have an official Indian price for them. But as per the Amazon listing, the Pixel 4 is priced at Rs 97,990. There is a discount of Rs 13,000 on the device which means it can be purchased at Rs 84,990. The Pixel 4XL, on the other hand, is listed at Rs 1,34,990 over which, a discount of Rs 25,000 is available making its current purchase price Rs 1,09,990. Notably, only the base models, offering 64GB, are available on Amazon.
Times of India-Gadgets Now reached out to Amazon regarding this listing of the two handsets that were not officially launched in India and the company spokesperson said, “Amazon has a high bar and is in compliance with local laws. Amazon.in is a third party marketplace where sellers offer their products to customers for sale. Sellers selling their products are solely responsible for all necessary product compliance and are required to sell products which are legally allowed to be sold in India.”
To recall, when the Pixel 4 series were launched globally in October, Google never officially revealed the primary reason behind that reports suggested that it is because Google could not acquire permission from the to use the 60GHz mmWave frequency band from the Indian government. This frequency band is reportedly required to make use of Pixel 4’s main biometric feature called Project Soli.
At the time of Pixel 4 launch, Google issued a statement explaining why it took the decision to not launch the smartphones and said, “Google has a wide range of products that we make available in different regions around the world. We determine availability based on a variety of factors, including local trends, and product features. We decided not to make Pixel 4 available in India. We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to India.”
|Google Pixel 4|
|See Full Specifications|
- Undeterred by taxes, IKEA puts together cheap India pricing
- Amazon quietly signed a $5.5 billion deal to sell its products to American cities — here are some of the biggest spenders
- Google Pixel 3 Lite-series launch tipped: Best camera phones for masses soon
- Google just shut down Google+ for good. Here are 17 other Google products that bombed, died, or disappeared.
- Amazon is selling the first phones that let you summon Alexa with a physical button
- EBay accuses Amazon of illegally poaching sellers
- Collapse in India's onion prices could leave Modi smarting in election
- He took out his life savings in Singapore to rescue children in India
- Google is reportedly revamping its store website as the war with Amazon escalates
- After one year of Trump, Google CEO Sundar Pichai sounds a lot different about immigration — and that might be a good thing