Families of the four Royal Household Cavalrymen killed in the 1982 Hyde Park bombing said today they expect ‘justice’ as they started a civil case against the prime IRA suspect. Fingerprints belonging to republican terrorist John Downey were found on two parking tickets in the Morris Marina car that exploded and caused the ‘cold-blooded killing’ of British soldiers 37 years ago, the High Court in London heard. Squadron Quartermaster Corporal Roy Bright, 36, Lieutenant Dennis Daly, 23, Trooper Simon Tipper, 19, and Lance Corporal Jeffrey Young, also 19, were killed by a car bomb as they rode through the central London park to attend the changing of the guard. Downey was charged with the murders but his prosecution at the Old Bailey collapsed in 2014 after it was revealed that he had received a written assurance from former prime minister Tony Blair’s government in 2007 that he was no longer wanted. Family members of those killed launched legal action against Downey after the collapse of the trial and today arrived at the High Court in London where they are bringing a civil action against him and hope Mrs Justice Yip will say he was responsible. Downey is currently in prison in… Read full this story
- We’ve been thrown to the hyenas: The two Paras facing trial for shooting an IRA godfather 44 years ago talk to the Mail - and we identify the victims of IRA killers not being investigated
- Former soldier pleads to be allowed to get on with his life as there is STILL no action on a law to protect veterans of the Troubles despite pledge by Boris Johnson
- 'It's impossible that Corporal Hutchings shot him... I saw him firing in the air': Is this testimony that will end half a century of heartache for veteran soldier facing Troubles death probe?
- Witness to a scandalous injustice? Fresh evidence emerges that could finally end the hounding of this veteran, 79... who is due to stand trial for Troubles death 46 years ago (while IRA killers go unpunished)
- Convicted terrorist, 27, who REFUSED to tell Manchester Arena inquiry about his contact with bomber in the months before blast will be FREED from jail this week
- Chilling moment police swooped on schizophrenic Albanian woman, 30, in park after she slashed throat of Emily Jones, 7, as she tells them she has an 'ID, knife, water and juice' in her bag
- Israel's terrifying arsenal of robot weaponry: Machine-gun pickups, remote-control boats and unmanned attack bots are among the IDF's tool-kit as Iran claims its top nuclear scientist was killed with a remote-control gun
- The killing machine: Poisoned toothpaste, exploding phones and lethal toxins... as Mossad agents are linked to the murder of Iran's top nuclear scientist, TOM LEONARD examines how Israel's secret service perfected the art of assassination
- 'I'm disturbed by nightmares and pain': One of Joseph McCann's 11 victims tells how 'psycho' robbed her of life as a 'thriving' 25-year-old professional woman who dreamt of a family - as he's jailed for 30 years for rape rampage
- Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis will not order a public inquiry into state collusion in the murder of lawyer Pat Finucane by Loyalist paramilitaries during the Troubles
Families of four British soldiers killed in 1982 Hyde Park bomb begin battle for 'justice' in civil lawsuit against convicted IRA member John Downey - whose 'fingerprints link him to attack' have 513 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.