Star Wars fans who tuned in to Monday Night Football’s matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers scored a bonus. As promised earlier in a tweet, Disney delivered a short preview of the upcoming series on ESPN during the game.
The Mandalorian stars Pedro Pascal of Game of Thrones fame playing a lone Mandalorian gunfighter operating in the outer reaches of the galaxy. In the short teaser, the Mandalorian walks silently into a bar, which turns out not to be the punchline for an old joke but the setup for viewers to see just how dangerous the character can be. As one fan noted, “Scratch his armor and he’ll chop you in two using a door.”
Earlier in the day, Pascal posted The Mandalorian poster to his Instagram account, writing, “Sparkly. The Mandalorian streams tomorrow!!! I’m calm. You calm? Everyone stay calm.”
Some fans, however, couldn’t stay calm once the teaser aired. “Shut up and take my money!” posted one Twitter user.
Jon Favreau is the writer and executive producer for the series. He’s said the show will be set seven years after Return of the Jedi and will focus on all new characters. It’s a pricey deal, too: The New York Times reports its 10 episodes boast a $100 million budget.
- Happy Birthday Star Wars
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Popularity
- In Love with Star Wars
- Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars Collectibles Shopping List
- Star Wars Replica Ultimate Star Wars Costumes
- Star Wars Halloween Costumes - A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy
- 11 Things Small Business Owners Can Learn From Star Wars
- Star Wars Fleece Tie Blanket: Easy Handmade Project