Billionaire Leon Cooperman’s feud with Democrat presidential hopeful Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) is a sign that Americans are waking up to the threat to the U.S. economy posed by the left-wing policies the senator advocates, according to Job Creators Network President Alfredo Ortiz.
“Wall Street and main street continue to awaken to the threat liberals such as Elizabeth Warren pose to our country’s successful free market economy,” Ortiz said in a statement. “Taxing successful entrepreneurs and small businesses, as well as all who create jobs and make our economy grow is a recipe for recession and economic calamity.”
Warren has been feuding with Cooperman for weeks.
In an October 16 interview on CNBC, Cooperman predicted that stocks would fall 25 percent if Warren were elected. A week later, he told Politico that Warren was soiling the American dream. That prompted Warren to respond by urging Cooperman, who pledged in 2010 to give his vast fortune to charity during his lifetime, to “pitch in a bit more.”
Leon, you were able to succeed because of the opportunities this country gave you. Now why don’t you pitch in a bit more so everyone else has a chance at the American dream, too? https://t.co/OODIM7RcRn
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) October 23, 2019
Last week, Cooperman sent a letter to Warren arguing that her tweet “
“For you to suggest that capitalism is a dirty word and that these people, as a group, are ingrates who didn’t earn their riches … and now don’t pull their weight societally indicates that you either are grossly uninformed or are knowingly warping the facts,” Cooperman wrote.
Warren shot back with another tweet, once again saying Cooperman “can and should pitch in more.”
Leon is wrong. I’m fighting for big changes like universal child care, investing in public schools, and free public college.
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) October 31, 2019
On Monday, Cooperman once again took to CNBC’s airwaves with another salvo against Warren.
— CNBC (@CNBC) November 4, 2019
“She’s screwing around with the wrong guy. I want to give it all away … but I want to control the decision. I don’t need the government giving away my money,” Cooper said.
“Mr. Cooperman is right, Senator Warren is an extremist who would undermine and destroy all the job growth and economic progress we’ve made in the last few years,” Ortiz said Tuesday. “‘Medicare for All’ will destroy the doctor-patient relationship and will cause our health system – the best in the world – to crumble. This is where Ms. Warren and the extreme left wing insists on taking our country if they ever get power. Socialism takes, capitalism creates.”
- Warren, Sanders attack newcomer Bloomberg during Democratic debate
- Warren Told Sanders After Debate, ‘I Think You Called Me a Liar on National TV’
- Newsom vows to fight "Republican recall" as Warren, Sanders offer support
- Remember When Media Freaked Out Over Amy Coney Barrett And The Right Wing Supreme Court?
- The 57 Best HBO Series Streaming Right Now (July 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Best Hulu Original Series You Can Stream Right Now (June 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Best Shows on Peacock Right Now (July 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Best British TV Shows on Netflix Right Now (June 2021) | Digital Trends
- The 75 best series to watch on Disney+ right now
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Infrastructure, Cheney ouster on deck as Congress returns
- The Hill's Morning Report: Afghanistan's future now up to Afghans, Biden says
- Robert Reich: Facebook, Google and Amazon are the new robber barons. Bust them up | Opinion
- There's a long-shot chance for Gavin Newsom to knock recall off ballot. Will he try it?
- The Wing Is a Women’s Utopia. Unless You Work There.
- Republicans look to hammer Democrats over gas prices
- ‘This Week' Transcript: Reince Priebus and Sen. Chuck Schumer
- Taxes, town halls and taking on Trump: Here's the weekly roundup of the 2020 field
- 'This Week' Transcript: Sen. Bernie Sanders, Reince Priebus, and Charles Koch
- 'This Week' Transcript: Sen. Sherrod Brown and Rick Santorum
- The Problem of Free Speech in an Age of Disinformation
Job Creators Network: Leon Cooperman is Right, Elizabeth Warren Is an Extremist have 741 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 5, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.