Disney has called it the future of the company and prepared for it for years, and now it’s here: Disney Plus. It’s the entertainment giant’s streaming service for almost everything it creates, taking on Netflix as well as an emerging crop of rivals like Apple TV Plus and HBO Max. Disney Plus officially launched at 12:01 a.m. PT Tuesday in the US, Canada and the Netherlands, though some app stores had it available even earlier. (Next up is the Nov. 19 launch in Australia and New Zealand.)”The launch of Disney+ is a historic moment for our company that marks a new era of innovation and creativity,” Disney CEO Bob Iger said in a release marking the service’s rollout.Disney Plus is designed as the exclusive home to stream theatrical blockbusters from Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar and Disney’s own studios. Disney also is ramping up a slate of original shows and movies based on those brands and others. Most anticipated among them is big-budget Star Wars spinoff The Mandalorian. (With Disney Plus’ library reaching nearly 500 films and 7,500 episodes of television, CNET has an article highlighting Disney Plus titles included in the streaming service.)Much of Disney Plus’ original programming leans into the company’s big-budget franchises. Its Marvel original shows, for example, are going to be… Read full this story
- Disney Plus: our verdict, exclusive shows, 2020 movies and how to sign up
- Why choose? Disney Plus and Netflix are the peanut butter and jelly of streaming
- Disney Plus series WandaVision has started filming, Marvel's Kevin Feige says
- Captain Marvel Star Brie Larson Has to Pay for Disney+ Like Everyone Else
- Disney Plus vs Amazon Prime Video: which is better for online streaming?
- Disney Plus app reportedly hits 3.2 million downloads – here's how to get it
- The top three Disney Plus titles we’re watching right now
- When does episode 3 of The Mandalorian release on Disney Plus?
- Thousands of hacked Disney+ account are already up for sale on the 'dark web' just days after the new streaming service goes live
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’s Strong Sunday Bulks Marvel Pic To $122.7M Opening – Monday Final
Disney Plus: Launch, prices, movies and shows to expect have 361 words, post on www.cnet.com at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.