Martin Barraud | Getty Images It’s the time of year for people on Medicare to give their coverage a checkup. The program’s annual enrollment period runs from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7, which is when you can make changes to your coverage that will take effect Jan. 1. During this window, you can: • Switch to an Advantage Plan from original Medicare (Part A hospital coverage and Part B outpatient care); • Switch to original Medicare from an Advantage Plan; • Move from one Advantage Plan to another; • Move from one prescription drug plan (Part D) to another, or purchase one if you did not when first eligible. Experts say that even if you’ve been happy with your 2019 coverage, both Advantage and prescription drug plans are modified from year to year — and new plans become available, as well — which means it’s important to evaluate whether your current option is still the best available for you. “Each insurance carrier revisits their [drug] formulary and they renegotiate provider contracts,” said Elizabeth Gavino, founder of Lewin & Gavino in New York and an independent broker and general agent for Medicare plans. “So you need to make sure your providers,… Read full this story
- Warn Your Parents: Medicare Open-Enrollment Scams Are Coming
- Will Democrats surge in the South? What to watch on Tuesday
- EU referendum results guide: What to watch for and when
- What to watch: the weekend's best sports on TV
- What to Watch on TV This Week: ‘The Morning Show’ Launches on Apple TV Plus
- Cowboys at Giants: Odds, prediction, channel, time, what to watch for on 'Monday Night Football'
- Bank of India Q2 results to be out today; here's what to watch out for
- European Elections: What to watch out for in the results
- Millions of Retirees Spend $5,000 Annually on Medicare Premiums According to Survey By The Senior Citizens League
- Mobile World Congress 2018 begins: Here’s what to expect
Medicare open enrollment is underway. Here's what's new and what to watch out for have 306 words, post on www.cnbc.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.