Matthew Schoch The Detroit News Published 8:27 PM EDT Sep 11, 2019 East Lansing — Xavier Henderson may have wanted a little more of a celebration after his first career interception on Saturday. But the defensive backs room sure had plenty of fun ribbing Josiah Scott for his missed pick during film sessions afterwards. The good times continue to roll for the Michigan State secondary despite losses of Justin Layne and Khari Willis to the NFL. Henderson, a sophomore safety, atoned for an earlier mistake as he was beat on a slant by Western Michigan tight end Giovanni Ricci for a touchdown, but then made an interception helping out fellow safety David Dowell on another Jon Wassink pass to a tight end in the end zone. Henderson got up and spun the ball in the end zone after the play, but was looking for All-American defensive end Kenny Willekes for more choreography. “Me and Kenny kind of mess around and do dances out on the practice field, but he was like, ‘Yeah, I meant to come over and dance with you but I like blacked out,’” Henderson said. “And I kind of blacked out when I spun the ball and I don’t… Read full this story
- Michigan State University to fire dean after Nassar scandal
- Can Michigan State president survive gymnastics scandal?
- Michigan State University president resigns in wake of Nassar scandal
- Michigan State athletic director resigns in wake of Nassar scandal
- U.S. Education Dept. to probe Michigan State over sex abuse scandal
- Oldham Athletic v Rotherham United: Michael Smith aiming to fill big boots with Millers
- Gujarat election: Indian PM Narendra Modi faces big test in home state
- Teen arrested for ‘killing parents’ in Michigan University shooting
- Heavy snow set to hit freezing US states as record-breaking cold snap continues
- Win tickets to St Albans tourist attractions in 2018 Herts Big Weekend ballot
Xavier Henderson filling big shoes at safety for Michigan State have 315 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.