AI gets sophisticated about language but it still doesn’t know science ZDNet’s Tiernan Ray explains that researchers at the Seattle-based Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence have developed a massive assemblage of machine learning techniques that use probability models of language to ace question-answering on the New York State Regents exam for 8th through 12th grade science. The effort is a technological marvel, but it still doesn’t mean that AI really understands anything about science, per se. Read more: https://zd.net/2N9RFuC For the last few weeks, we’ve been watching a plant grow on our windowsill. A seed blew into the window box and took root, and started to shoot up. Special Feature Special Feature: Managing AI and ML in the Enterprise This ebook, based on the latest ZDNet / TechRepublic special feature, advises CXOs on how to approach AI and ML initiatives, figure out where the data science team fits in, and what algorithms to buy versus build. Read More There was nothing growing in that end-of-the-window box, so we left it until we could see whether it was a weed or a nice plant. The seed had been long and black, and the stem grew tall and spindly. Once we could see… Read full this story
- Link with China must be two-way street, says Italian president
- Real Health Podcast: 'Motivation is temporary, inspiration is long-term,' Pat Divilly on success versus failure
- With the AI genie firmly out of the bottle, what impact could this have on accountants?
- Don Your Way: We demand new things so why are people moaning about new Wool Market?
- Roseanne calls #MeToo founders ‘hos’ & says Kamala Harris ‘slept her way to bottom’ in UNHINGED talk
- Study says US should help Saudis find way out of Yemen
- EU moving against long Brexit delay
- Long delays after 2 accidents on M1
- Historic 'spiritual deposition' to ward off witchcraft discovered in Long Melford
- Jake Shorrocks given chance to stake a claim to become Wigan Warriors' "long-term" halfback
Sorry, general AI is still a long, long way off have 341 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.