Slack has joined the dark side by bringing a brand new dark mode to its communication app. The new dark mode is available now on Windows, Mac, and Linux. To go along with the dark mode, Slack also added several themes. The new dark mode is available now and can be turned on and off through preferences.
Dark mode for apps and operating systems continues to grow in popularity. In addition to looking nice and providing users more options, dark mode is also helpful in low light environments and for users with visual impairments or visual disorders.
Dark mode is already available on Slack’s mobile app, but you can elect to have your dark mode settings separate for the desktop and mobile versions of the app. In the future, Slack will support syncing with operating system’s dark/light mode settings.
While Slack states that the update is available now, it has not shown up on our systems yet. There’s a good chance that the new dark mode will roll out throughout the day.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
- Everything Apple announced at WWDC, from Apple sign-in to dark mode
- WhatsApp beta update for Android introduces three new options for dark mode
- iOS 13 update to bring dark mode for iPhone users, Android still doesn’t have it
- Google Chrome for Android now supports Dark Mode: Here’s how to use it
- WhatsApp’s two biggest upcoming features Dark Mode, self-destructing messaging explained
- WhatsApp’s latest feature: Dark mode inches closer to roll-out, Android users to get biometric as well
- Gmail, Google Maps to get Dark Mode update soon: Here’s how it works
- WhatsApp’s upcoming features: Dark mode, self-destructing messages and more
- 5 Incredible Instagram Tools (Windows & Mac Desktop Clients Too)
- 15 Popular iPhone Apps That Offer Dark Mode Support