MOSCOW: Russian social network Vkontakte, owned by internet group Mail.Ru, has launched a dating app to rival popular similar services such as Tinder, Vkontakte said on Thursday.It said the main feature of the service, called Lovina, would be video chats. It is available in Russia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan and some other countries.Mediascope research company called Tinder, Badoo, Mamba and Hornet the most popular online dating services among Russians.In June, Roskomnadzor, Russia’s telecoms and media regulator, said Tinder had been added to its special register. Tinder said it had agreed to be added to the list of entities obliged to hand over user data and messages to Russian law enforcement agencies on demand, but had not divulged anyone’s personal information yet.(Reporting by Nadezhda Tsydenova; writing by Vladimir Soldatkin; editing by David Evans)
- Tinder makes dating app more inclusive for transgender users
- The 5 Worst Tinder Scams: Tips for Dating Safely on Tinder
- This was the most outdated trend on dating app Tinder in 2019
- Tinder, OkCupid dating apps have registered sex offenders with no screening policy
- Dating apps Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OKCupid don't screen for sex offenders because the platforms 'can't obtain reliable information for meaningful background checks'
- Dating Apps Don't Screen for Sex Offenders Because They Don't Have To
- Have dating apps changed the meaning of dating?
- Racy advert for over-fifties dating app Lumen starring Ulrika Jonsson in a sexy red nightie and stockings is banned on the Tube over concerns it's offensive and objectifies women
- EU to force social network sites to enhance privacy
- Love Island Australia's Adam Farrugia is busted on dating app Bumble... after sparking rumours of a romance with Bachelor star Elly Miles
Russian social network launches dating app to rival Tinder have 289 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.