The Disney+ series will feature her opposite Jeremy Renner, confirmed The Hollywood Reporter. Kate Bishop, the fictional superheroine is trained by Clint Barton (Renner) to fight against crime with the help of a bow and arrow. Both are members of the group called Young Avengers.
The famous Marvel comics featured Kate Bishop in 2005’s Young Avengers No 1 and was created by Wonder Woman screenwriter Allan Heinberg and artist Jim Cheung. The character went on to be featured in the 2012 Hawkeye comic book, which saw her train under Barton.
Meanwhile, Steinfeld, who has earned an Oscar nomination for the 2010 film True Grit, is already starring in a series for streaming service Apple. She also lent her voice to Spider-Gwen in the Oscar-winning animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
Hawkeye is expected to stream in fall 2021, and is among multiple Disney+ series in the works at Marvel Studios.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
- Disney+ to launch this year with new Marvel and ‘Sandlot’ series
- 5 quick takeaways from Marvel’s huge Phase 4 news
- “Avengers 4” trailer highlights series favorite: Hawkeye
- Marvel boss confirms why some characters survived 'Infinity War' and teases a 'conclusion' for the 'Avengers' movies
- Netflix Takes Another Page From Disney's Playbook
- You’ll need Disney’s streaming service to see a new Star Wars series
- 9 characters who could die in 'Avengers: Infinity War,' ranked by how likely it is
- 50 TV and movie remakes that are better than the original
- Margot Robbie is back in action as Harley Quinn as she re-shoots stunt sequences for Birds of Prey
- The 32 movies coming out this summer you can't miss -- from 'Infinity War' to 'Incredibles 2'
- 11 of the worst social media blunders ever
- 31 details you might have missed in 'Avengers: Endgame'
- The Revenue Stream Revolution in Entertainment and Media
- Transforming TV by going back to the future
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Q1 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
Marvel targets Hailee Steinfeld for lead role in Disney+ Hawkeye series with Jeremy Renner have 361 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at September 10, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.