PUBLISHED: 09:39 16 September 2019 | UPDATED: 09:39 16 September 2019
Scenes from the 44th Grand Henham Steam Rally. Picture: Victoria Pertusa
It is a popular annual event that regularly attracts thousands of visitors.
And making a welcome return to Suffolk’s events calendar this weekend, it is full steam ahead for the 45th Grand Henham Steam Rally.
The event will take place on September 21 and 22 at Henham Park with visitors able to steer one of the rally’s steam engines.
Public steering was introduced for the first time at last year’s rally and proved very popular, with a large number of visitors taking part.
Organisers are promising fun for all the family – with exciting displays, parades and attractions.
Public steering will take place on both days in the Len Murray Arena, which will also feature the Xtreme Stunt Team, Nigel Oakley’s heavy horses, Team Spectrum kite display team and steam roller barrel rolling.
Chairman Helen Walker said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming everyone to this year’s rally.
“As always, we have a fantastic range of displays, exhibits, stalls and activities for everyone to enjoy.
“Our committee and volunteers have once again worked tirelessly throughout the year to make this event possible and I would like to thank them for all their hard work.”
There will also be hundreds of vintage, classic and custom vehicles, working steam engines, live music, the Ken Fox Wall of Death, a vintage fairground, children’s entertainment as well as avenues of trade stalls and crafts.
As a charity, the rally raises thousands of pounds each year for local organisations including Wangford and District Community Council, Southwold (Sole Bay) Lions Club and the parochial Church Councils of Sotherton, Wangford cum Henham and Uggeshall.
Each year, the rally organisers also donate to additional charities and this year have chosen the Lowestoft and Waveney Samaritans, the National Trust Dunwich Heath and Beach and Girlguiding Beccles.
Entry is £15 on the gate for adults and over 14s, £3 for children aged eight to 14 and children under eight go free.
There is also ample free parking.
For the latest rally news visit www.henhamsteamrally.com
- Freeform Moves Full Steam Ahead with New Series, Return of Siren
- AACB is looking ahead at international business events
- Full steam ahead Lakes break is rail deal
- ‘American Idol’ bus in Little Rock; thousands expected to audition Wednesday
- Thousands Expected At Annual West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
- Full steam ahead for international tourism
- Trump threatens to designate Antifa a terrorist organization ahead of expected Portland clashes
- 'American Sniper' Is Full Steam Ahead with a Record-Breaking Second Weekend
- Feminist author Rebecca Traister talks 'female rage' ahead of St. Paul event
- Maleficent 2 Adds Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them Actress