Google teased a dark theme for Gmail on the Android 10 site, and the update is now rolling out. As noted by several users on Reddit (via 9to5Google), Gmail is picking up the dark theme following the latest update.
You’ll need to be on the latest 2019.08.18.267044774 build to see the change, but it may be a while before everyone gets the option as the dark theme option is a server-side flag that needs to be enabled. The interface is similar to what we’ve seen from other Google apps: you get three options for themes, including Light, Dark, and System default. The theme option itself is listed at the top in the general settings, and the dark mode has a dark gray color scheme with red accent colors.
Don’t see the theme option just yet? Make sure you’re on the latest build, and wait for the server-side change to go live.
- Children Navigate Dark Themes in ‘Five Easy Pieces’
- NJ Transit says Gladstone Branch trains will finally roll on Tuesday
- Stuck train with 183 on board in Oregon finally rolling again
- May plots final roll of the dice for her Brexit deal
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode: How to Activate Hidden Feature on Private Messaging App
- Self-Important, The Dark Knight Rises Feels Like Batman Forever
- Ten Years Later, “The Dark Knight” and Its Vision of Guilt Still Resonate
- Schedule Email Comes to Gmail in 15th Anniversary Update, Here’s How to Write Now and Send Later
- The business of scaring: Halloween drives massive traffic, sales at theme parks
- Dark Horse Comics' Secret Origins—as Told by the People Who Were There 30 Years Ago