PUBLISHED: 07:30 12 September 2019
A stretch of the A140, the major road between Ipswich and Norwich, will be closed this weekend Picture: GOOGLE MAPS
A stretch of the A140 connecting Suffolk to Norwich is to close overnight this weekend while roadworks are carried out.
The road will closed from Needham Road (B1078) until Stowmarket Road (A1120) from 7pm to 7am on both Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15.
Workers will be fitting in new studs after the roa was recently resurfaced.
Suffolk Highways had planned to conduct the works over six nights from September 9, although had to reschedule to the weekend due to emergency work being carried out by Anglian Water.
A diversion route will be in place taking drivers along the A14 to Stowupland and through to Earl Stonham via the A1120.
The closure could cause disruption for those heading south from Norwich following the Canaries’ home game against Manchester City on Saturday evening, kicking off at 5.30pm.
- Good weather expected for fiesta's closing weekend
- Busy Woodfords Corner in Portland will be closed weekend of Sept. 7-10
- Last call for St. Paul landmark bar O'Gara's, closing this weekend
- Route 100 near Pottstown Center to be closed this weekend
- Photos: ACL Fest 2018 wrapped up its 2nd weekend with a massive hit of Metallica
- 23 fun things to see and do on Labor Day Weekend in San Antonio
- NWS: Rain a possibility in San Antonio during Labor Day Weekend
- SEEN: College of St. Rose's HOME.COMING and Family Weekend
- SEEN: Union College Homecoming and Family Weekend 2018
- Ride a vintage, 1896-built streetcar at this weekend's Muni Heritage event