Christoph Rauwald Bloomberg News Published 5:59 PM EDT Aug 18, 2019 Stefan Moeller began this year with an ambitious target: to make his car-rental company Nextmove the biggest Tesla Inc. customer in Germany by adding 100 Model 3s to its fleet. He likened the electric car’s arrival on Europe’s shores to a tsunami washing over a region that’s been slow to embrace battery-powered autos. But the powerful wave Moeller expected has collapsed to a trickle. After weeks of back and forth over unfulfilled repair work and quality issues involving the initial 15 sedans that Tesla delivered — from scratched bumpers to moisture trapped behind the headlights — the order of the remaining 85 Model 3s was called off. Tesla also tried to deliver cars that had been previously registered, which would have locked Nextmove out of Germany’s electric-car incentive program and potential tax refunds, Moeller said. “The Model 3 is a fantastic car. Some of our customers totally fell in love with it,” said Moeller, whose Leipzig-based company has more than 300 electric vehicles in its fleet, including 38 Model S and a dozen Model X. “But the organization behind it doesn’t match that. It’s really sobering.” Subpar service could… Read full this story
- BMW backtracks on decision to charge $80 annually for CarPlay access
- Stuff Elon Musk Said About Tesla Autonomous Cars on Monday, Ranked
- Teslas with a 'mind of their own': Thousands of Model 3 owners describe their close calls with Autopilot in dangerous situations - including a driver who says his car crashed itself into a garage
- Driver Surrenders In Fatal Hit-And-Run After Abandoning, Covering Damaged Tesla
- The Oil Killers: When Google’s Data Meets Tesla’s Visions and MIT’s Brains
- Tesla astroturfs, Softbank flexes, BMW and Daimler hookup, What is a Jelbi?
- Tesla now the No. 5 import on Model 3 debut
- Watch Mercedes-AMG A45 Drag Race BMW M2 Competition And Audi RS3
- Gov't Needs Another 10 Months to Probe Mysterious BMW Fires
- 2020 Alpina B7 Is 'Opulently Elegant' According To BMW Dealer
Tesla service is criticized in BMW’s backyard have 321 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 18, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.