Taylor Swift’s new album has been out less than a week, but the star is already facing questions about how she’ll be touring it.
While her previous release, Reputation, was accompanied by a huge stadium tour, it seems that Lover, which dropped on Friday, will not be receiving the same treatment.
Speaking to US TV host Ryan Seacrest, the 29-year-old explained that she’s barely had time to think about the plans.
She said: “I’m not quite sure what we’re doing with touring because with this album, I was so full-on planning this release and directing the videos and trying to make this album release experience the most fun one for my fans.
“I didn’t wanna plan what we’re gonna do in terms of live and I don’t want to do the same thing every time because I don’t want my life to feel like I’m on a treadmill.”
Insisting that she “definitely want[s] to play this album live for a lot of people,” Swift continued: “I definitely want to give fans an opportunity and give me the opportunity to vibe with them on these songs in a live setting and [to] see them sing the words back… but I don’t really know exactly what way that’s going to happen.”
The Reputation tour saw Swift perform 53 dates worldwide, including two at London’s Wembley Stadium. 1989, released in 2014, was accompanied by a mammoth 85-date world tour.
Lover looks set to go straight to the top spot in the UK Album Charts, which will make it Swift’s fourth album to do so.
- Taylor Swift's Lover: New lyrics blast Kanye West, hint at thinking about Joe Alwyn while dating Tom Hiddleston and discuss her mother's cancer battle... all the hidden meanings in star's most candid album
- Taylor Swift will perform two songs at the Melbourne Cup... after Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello were also in talks
- Taylor Swift SLAMS 'two-faced' Kanye West and admits she 'hates herself' for craving his approval as she claims Katy Perry feud was a 'miscommunication' in candid Rolling Stone interview
- Taylor Swift reveals her favourite song is Nelly's Hot in Herre as she shimmies to 2002 hit during fun game on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Taylor Swift: ‘I was literally about to break’
- Taylor Swift dazzles in pink performing songs from Lover on GMA as star announces she will open the 2019 MTV VMAs
- Taylor Swift: Lover review – a return to past glories
- Taylor Swift’s latest ‘Lover’ is a strong acoustic song
- Taylor Swift gets political at MTV VMAs: Singer calls out the White House over Equality Act during acceptance speech for Video of the Year and delivers rollicking rainbow performance of You Need To Calm Down
- Taylor Swift says that she 'related' to Game of Thrones' Daenerys Targaryen: 'It is a lot easier for a woman to attain power than to maintain it'
- Taylor Swift pulls out of Melbourne Cup appearance
- Taylor Swift: Reputation review – superb songcraft meets extreme drama
- Stella McCartney and Taylor Swift's new fashion collection is BEYOND dreamy – and launching soon
- MTV Video Music Awards best dressed! Taylor Swift leads the red carpet style in leggy look...alongside golden goddesses Gigi and Bella Hadid
- Taylor Swift becomes world's highest paid celebrity
- MTV VMAs best moments: Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Shawn Mendes performance highlights
- 'If she breaks a leg on stage, do we shoot her?' Taylor Swift faces a backlash from animal rights activists after announcing she will headline the 'cruel' Melbourne Cup horse race
- Katy Perry and Taylor Swift: How pop’s biggest feud was mended
- Taylor Swift opens up on feuds with Kanye West, Katy Perry
- Wednesday letters: Taylor Swift, Bill Clinton
Taylor Swift hints that she won’t be doing a Lover stadium tour have 606 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at August 28, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.