An alligator bit a 68-year-old South Carolina woman on Monday night while she was walking her dog, leaving her with injuries to her arms and legs, according to officials. The attack occurred at around 10 p.m. in Sun City, Beaufort County. The woman was walking by a pond close to her home, the county Sheriff’s Office said. Officers said that the animal bit the woman on her wrist, hand and legs but did not reveal the extent of her injuries, ABC News reported. However, an official from the Bluffton Township Fire District—which responded to the incident—indicated that her wounds may have been significant. “Unfortunately, we did find an adult patient that had engaged in some capacity with a gator,” Captain Lee Levesque told WTOC. “While we wouldn’t say they were life-threatening injuries, they were certainly life-changing.” Following the incident, the woman was taken to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia, where she remains. Alligator attacks are rare in this area. Nevertheless, the sheriff’s office reminded residents to be vigilant when walking near ponds or lagoons, particularly in the evenings. “Though these type of incidents are infrequent, we urge Beaufort County residents and guests to be mindful of alligators… Read full this story
- 'He has never played with a child or patted a dog': Mum, 32, whose one-year-old son has spent 'half of his life in lockdown' pens an emotional open letter that resonates with thousands of parents
- South Carolina couple married 70 years hold no 'grudges'
- Man is being hunted by police for attempted murder after young mother out walking with her five-year-old child is stabbed in 'vicious and unprovoked attack'
- Melbourne storm: three killed, including four-year-old boy, by falling trees
- Woman, 25, who met her 53-year-old husband as a teenager and is younger than his eldest daughter insists age is just a number as they try for a baby - and jokes she's a step-grandmother before becoming a mother
- Florida highway rollover kills 1-year-old boy; other relatives injured
- Heartbroken daughter chatted to bus driver, 60, about his grandchildren just 20 minutes before he was killed in horror crash that also injured 15 as police arrest 24-year-old 'minicab driver high on drugs'
- 'Nobody wants a camp, over 60-year-old': Dale Winton discusses his battle with depression and loneliness in heartbreaking final TV interview as it emerges he joked about his death just weeks ago
- 11-Year-Old Florida Boy Bitten in Shark Attack Capital of the World
- Pictured: Eight-year-old girl who was killed by falling Storm Ellen tree branch that also left her sister needing life-saving brain surgery
Nine-foot Alligator Bites 68-year-old South Carolina Woman Walking Her Dog, Causes 'Life-Changing' Injuries have 418 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.