PUBLISHED: 06:30 07 August 2019 | UPDATED: 09:12 07 August 2019
Lovell Partnerships is seeking permission to build the new properties at Manor Road in Newton St Faith, north of Norwich Airport. Photo: Google
Councillors will today decide if a single bungalow in a village near Norwich can make way for scores of new homes.
Lovell Partnerships has bid to build 69 new homes on land off Manor Road in Newton St Faith, close to Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
And for the project to go ahead, a bungalow on the road will have to be demolished to provide new access to the proposed cul-de-sac, which stretches out to fields behind the property.
The development would consist of a mixture of one- to four-bedroom houses, but provide just seven affordable dwellings – falling short of the 33pc target Broadland sets for projects.
This figure has seen the scheme criticised by Dan Roper, Liberal Democrat councillor for Spixworth with St Faiths, who also said it could increase pressure on the A140 junction.
This morning, Broadland Council’s planning committee will consider the scheme, which has been recommended for approval by its officers.
- Kettering schools offices will leave their historic 1929 building for a new home near Fraze Pavilion
- Summer New Home Sales Numbers Stay Stable Throughout Texas
- Pigskin Preview: New Home Leopards
- Jon Stewart Finds a New Home for Goats Caught Wandering NYC Subway Tracks (Video)
- Enclave of million-dollar homes planned at airport east of Colorado Springs
- Fatal crash reported near Conroe airport
- Brooklyn shelter abruptly boots 70 homeless women to hotel near Kennedy Airport to make room for families
- NOPD investigating fatal crash near Lakefront Airport
- Ex-con charged with carjacking in attack on Maryland woman in Hampton Inn parking lot near Kennedy Airport
- Animal rights activists howl at officials to let young coyotes near LaGuardia Airport live