PUBLISHED: 09:41 16 August 2019 | UPDATED: 09:56 16 August 2019
Stock car racing legend Horry Barnes, from Dereham, died in July. Picture: Archant
The community is being invited to celebrate the life of a racing legend who died last month.
Horace ‘Horry’ Barnes, a familiar face and gentleman on the stock car circuit for more than 50 years, died on July 19 at the age of 90.
His death prompted an outpouring of emotion across the world of stock car racing, with tributes paid at meetings including Skegness, Great Yarmouth and Arlington.
The Dereham born and bred racer had four children, 16 grandchildren, 26 great-grandchildren and four great-great-grandchildren – many of whom have followed in his footsteps and taken up racing themselves.
Mr Barnes’ funeral will be held at St Nicholas Parish Church in Dereham on Friday, August 23, at 2pm. Family flowers only, but donations can be made to the Royal British Legion.
Following the funeral, members of the public are invited to join the family at Dereham Town Football Club to celebrate Mr Barnes’ life.
- Want To Play Car Racing Games?
- Slot Car Racing
- Enter the Exciting World of RC Car Racing
- Siena, Italy - Medieval Life and Horse Racing
- 25th Wedding Anniversary Invitations - Celebrate Your Silver Milestone!
- The Value Of Friendship - 7 Ways To Celebrate Life With An Attitude Of Gratitude
- Day Trading Penny Stocks - Speed Racing
- Daytona 500 Party - Cars, Racing And All Of The Party Tips You Need
- Indianapolis 500 Party - Planning an Amazing Car Racing Weekend
- Celebrating Life and Love - Give The Gift of a Floor Clock