A man was stabbed in the face and the arm Monday night near a trolley station by Petco Park in downtown San Diego’s East Village neighborhood, police said.
Few details of the violent incident were immediately available, San Diego police Officer John Buttle said.
It happened about 10:30 p.m. near 12th and Imperial avenues, Buttle said. Medics took the victim to a hospital; about an hour after the stabbing, police were waiting to hear from doctors how severely the man was injured.
No suspect information was immediately available, and it was unclear what sparked the violence, Buttle said.
The intersection is near the 12th & Imperial Transit Center about a block from Petco Park and several parking lots the baseball stadium, though there was no game at the park Monday as the Padres continued a nine-game road trip.
- [VIDEO] Man Stabs Wife To Death Just Two Weeks After Being Released From Prison
- Man stabs own brother to death
- Man stabbed dead in Davao City
- Man Stabs Four To Death In Primary School After School Refuses To Register His Daughter
- Man stabs 3 people before being shot in Zambo town
- Man stabs 4 school kids to death in southern China, Xinhua reports
- Go inside the hottest new bar in Manhattan’s East Village, where ‘Entourage’ star Adrian Grenier is music director
- Floods hit 50 villages near Liguasan Marsh
- The richest man in the Middle East was arrested in Saudi Arabia — see the luxurious Ritz Carlton where he’s being held captive
- Man stabs drinking buddy, partner in Zamboanga Norte town