A documentary by independent filmmaker Michael Hansen about mass migration and Islam in Europe, entitled Killing Europe, has been removed by Amazon from its Prime Video service. Amazon cited "quality assurance" concerns — despite the fact that the documentary had been hosted on the platform since 2017 without issue.
In its message to Hansen, Amazon said his previous documentary ( which is still available on YouTube ) does not meet "customer content quality expectations." Amazon would not respond to repeated requests from Hansen for the company to specify what content failed to meet its criteria. The documentary had previously been hosted on Amazon since 2017.
Amazon did not return Breitbart News' request for comment, but its full email to Hansen was obtained by Breitbart News and is copied below:
During a quality assurance review, we found that Killing Europe contains content that does not meet our customer content quality expectations. As a result, all offers for your title have been removed and may not be made available as "Included with Prime" or to Buy/Rent on Amazon.
We have carefully reviewed all impacted titles and only remove titles based on customer engagement/customer feedback. Prime Video Direct has always had a policy of reviewing content performance and customer engagement and this can be found here: https://videodirect.amazon.
PVD remains an open marketplace, and we encourage you to continue making content that will be engaging for customers available on our site. We're unable to predict whether any future title(s) you make available will be removed.
Thank you for using Prime Video Direct.
In part one of his new documentary, Killing Free Speec h , Hansen says he intends to warn Americans about the dangers of a European approach to free speech. Originally from Denmark, Hansen says he has witnessed how Antifa and other far-left activists have been able to shut down political expression in the public square in Europe with minimal opposition — and even outright support — from politicians.
"20 years ago you started to see Antifa taking over the streets in Europe. Right now what it is in Europe, if you are conservative you cannot have a street protest — you're going to get attacked by Antifa. That's well established."
"What I fear is that here in the U.S. you're starting to see the beginnings of the same thing. If you're conservative nowadays, you gotta run a gauntlet between these armed thugs. If you're not careful here in the United States you're going to lose that public space, it's happening rapidly."
Part Two of Killing Free Speech , which features an interview with this reporter, will be released later in the year.
Are you a source at Amazon, Facebook, Google, or any other corporation who wants to confidentially share information about wrongdoing or political bias at your company? Reach out to Breitbart Senior Technology correspondent Allum Bokhari at [email protected] . Use a free Protonmail to ensure your message is encrypted.
- Robins set to feature in new Leeds documentary series on Amazon
- Leeds United documentary series to appear on Amazon
- Influential photographer and filmmaker Robert Frank dies at 94
- Royals set to appear in Leeds United documentary series
- BBC apologises over Stacey Dooley Panorama inaccuracy
- Programme highlights for Sheffield Doc/Fest 2019
- Film claims group plotted to infect black Africans with HIV
- Ghouls, goals and rock 'n' roll at Cannes
- FILM REVIEW: At The Ukrainian Museum’s film festival
- 'Half man, half god' Maradona is king of Cannes
- The Most Interesting Candidates Running For European Parliament
- The hidden clues to a rapper's death
- Cinema’s shameful history of demonising the scarred
- Prolific photographer Robert Frank dies aged 94
- FILM: PAIN AND GLORY – My personal Palme d’Or
- Sterns: The raves in the house on the hill
- Fashion influencer Ferragni steals show at Venice film festival
- Website blasted over 'Allah' miniskirts
- Aged 88, Edna O’Brien still as fearless as her fiction
- The billionaire space race is the new dash to the moon
Amazon Removes Danish Filmmaker's Islam Documentary have 699 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 24, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.