As most taxpayers access their e-tax filing account only once in a year they may forget their income tax e-filing account’s password. Without this password accessing one’s income tax e-filing account and consequently filing one’s income tax return will not be possible. However, the income tax department has given taxpayers four options to recover this password. The password can be recovered by either answering the secret questions put in at the time of creating it, using Aadhaar (One Time Password) OTP, by uploading the digital signature certificate or using Mobile OTP PIN. Following are the steps to reset your password using these four options. Option 1: Using the ‘Answer Secret Question’ Step 1: Visit incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in website, under ‘Forget password’ option, click on ‘Reset’ tab. Step 2: The taxpayer has to enter his/her User ID (your PAN number), Captcha and then, click on ‘Continue’ tab. Step 3: Select the ‘Answer Secret Question’ from the drop-down options available. Click on ‘Continue’ tab. Step 4: Enter your date of birth which is mandatory. Make sure you select the dates from the calendar provided. Step 5: Now select the mandatory ‘Secret question’ from the drop-down options available. Step 6: Enter the ‘Secret answer’ and… Read full this story
- Filing income tax returns for the dead, the legal heir’s responsibility
- What are the documents required to file an income tax return?
- Government to launch a mobile phone app for taxpayers to access income tax services
- Income Tax Department conducts search, seizure operation in Ahmedabad
- How to reset and change your password on PS5
- New tax rate would hand top 3% nearly 25% of income tax bill
- I-T department allows condonation of delay in filing audit reports by trusts, institutions
- Trump’s Returns Make Case for Funding the Tax Police
- Photos: Docs Show Roger Stone’s $1.5 Million Tax Liens Forgiven After Presidential Pardon
- Couldn’t invest house sale proceeds to avoid capital gains tax? Here’s what you must do
4 ways to reset your income tax e-filing password have 315 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 24, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.