“Good to see you,” smiles Kevin Jonas, the first of three Jonas brothers to arrive in the back room of an upmarket hotel in Fitzrovia, London. Kevin and I have indeed met before, many years ago, for an interview he has no reason to remember. Between then and today, the Jonas Brothers have split and now re-formed, and for anyone querying just how in sync the newly reunited band are, Joe is the next to join us. “Good to see you,” he says. A few seconds later, here comes Nick: “Good to see you.” It is three months since they announced their reunion, more than half a decade since a split that was blamed on a “deep rift within the band”. The pandemonium surrounding their getting back together, which has seen Sucker become the band’s first US No 1 single, feels like a mirror image of how fans reacted to the brutality and abruptness of the split in 2013, when, having sold 17m albums and achieved widespread international fame, the brothers ditched a half-made fifth album and cancelled a world tour they were in the middle of. Nick instigated the split, it emerged; there were musical differences, along with the… Read full this story
- Who is Claire Richards? Steps’ lead singer who’s releasing new single On My Way and Celebrity Big Brother star
- 'After an affair, keeping our marriage meant working it out everyday': A mum's confession
- ‘Tiger King’ star Joe Exotic speaks from jail, claims he was politically ‘kidnapped’ by the Justice Department
- Josh Duggar’s sister Jinger and her husband Jeremy step out in LA just days before disgraced brother’s child porn arrest
- Everything You Need to Know About 'Raya and the Last Dragon,' Starring Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina
- Who Owns Selena’s Legacy?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden launches blitz for jobs plan with 'thank you, Georgia'
- 5 things you can do when you have an unsupportive husband
- The Last Word: Marianne Faithfull on Fame’s Dark Side and the Evolution of ‘As Tears Go By’
- Misfits’ Jerry Only, Doyle Talk Glenn Danzig Reunion
‘We needed to speak our truth – and forgive’: Jonas Brothers on music, marriage and making up have 345 words, post on www.theguardian.com at June 3, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.