CIOs long ago shed their perception as order-taking technologists to those with a seat at the executive table, a badge of honor that underscores their arrival as trusted business partners. But to retain this elevated status in an era when businesses are increasingly leaning into digital capabilities, today’s IT leaders must now co-create new products and services for customers.That may sound daunting for CIOs, many of whom are modernizing IT systems and spearheading digital transformations. But consider that CIOs are best positioned among their C-suite peers to co-create with business partners. Design thinking, agile practices, an increasing emphasis on learning about customers’ needs — IT leaders are uniquely steeped in what drives business strategy.While many consider this phenomenon IT-business alignment, co-evolution may be a better metaphor. Borrowed from biology, co-evolution encompasses organic synergies among IT and business, as well as with partners and the broader ecosystems at work in a sector, said Joe Peppard, principal research scientist of MIT’s Sloan Center for Information Systems Research, at the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium in Cambridge, Mass., in May.“In the past, business defined how to solve a problem and looked to IT to solve it,” said Belkis Vasquez-McCall, a partner at McKinsey Digital,… Read full this story
- How the CIO fought their way back from the edge of extinction
- Boeing’s troubled refueling tanker risks falling behind by four more years
- Holidaying PM Johnson Reportedly Drafts 'To Do' List Ahead of Tough Brussels Talks as Brexit Looms
- Boris Johnson fights EU from the beaches: Prime Minister uses Mustique holiday to draft task force Europe unit to talk tough on trade with Brussels as Brexit D-Day looms
- UK wants continued EU Copernicus participation
- Busy Philipps shows off a summery floral dress while running errands... as she reveals she got hooked on exercise to slim down for a role
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ Co-Creator Jemaine Clement Lands Role In ‘Avatar’ Films
- Text messages reveal 'role played by former pro golfer David Correia when he accompanied two of Rudy Giuliani's associates to Ukraine' and how he was 'there to help seal lucrative business deals'
- Russian-British Business Forum Reveals Role of Emerging Tech in Economic Synergy
- McConnell Says Pelosi's 'Fantasy' to Have Role in Impeachment Trial Is a 'Nonstarter,' Vows Senate Will Continue With 'Ordinary Business'
The CIO’s next role: Business co-creator have 390 words, post on www.cio.com at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.