CIOs long ago shed their perception as order-taking technologists to those with a seat at the executive table, a badge of honor that underscores their arrival as trusted business partners. But to retain this elevated status in an era when businesses are increasingly leaning into digital capabilities, today’s IT leaders must now co-create new products and services for customers.That may sound daunting for CIOs, many of whom are modernizing IT systems and spearheading digital transformations. But consider that CIOs are best positioned among their C-suite peers to co-create with business partners. Design thinking, agile practices, an increasing emphasis on learning about customers’ needs — IT leaders are uniquely steeped in what drives business strategy.While many consider this phenomenon IT-business alignment, co-evolution may be a better metaphor. Borrowed from biology, co-evolution encompasses organic synergies among IT and business, as well as with partners and the broader ecosystems at work in a sector, said Joe Peppard, principal research scientist of MIT’s Sloan Center for Information Systems Research, at the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium in Cambridge, Mass., in May.“In the past, business defined how to solve a problem and looked to IT to solve it,” said Belkis Vasquez-McCall, a partner at McKinsey Digital,… Read full this story
- CIO workshop: Become a digital leader
- CIOs lack confidence to be biz leader
- Do Asian CIOs really lack biz confidence?
- Why CIOs and developers are seldom on the same page
- Intel CIO presents the path to #Rockstar IT
- Will CIOs take ownership of stakeholder 'happiness'?
- Diplomat, services orchestrator: A CIO job description five years from now
- What serverless architecture actually means, and where servers enter the picture
- DevOps as big a transformation as IT outsourcing?
- Before the Web: Online services of yesteryear
The CIO’s next role: Business co-creator have 284 words, post on www.cio.com at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.