Police, Tory whips and the Cabinet Office are probing shocking footage that shows a government minister grabbing a woman by the neck at a black tie dinner. Mark Field was suspended as a Foreign Office minister today after he manhandled a Greenpeace protester who invaded last night’s glitzy event at Mansion House in the City of London. Theresa May’s spokeswoman said the Prime Minister had viewed the footage herself and found it “very concerning”. Today the protester, named as Janet Barker, said she would not be complaining to police. But calls were mounting for Mr Field to be arrested and sacked altogether. Around 40 climate change activists gatecrashed the annual banquet for bankers and politicians – forcing Chancellor Philip Hammond to break off his speech. Footage emerged showing the Cities of London and Westminster MP manhandling one of the protesters wearing a “climate emergency” sash. It shows the woman passing behind the MP’s chair. He then stands, shoves the woman against a pillar by her neck, and appears to push her away out of the room. Mr Field issued a statement in the early hours apologising but saying he thought “she might have been armed”. But Tory whips and police… Read full this story
- Watch world heavyweight boxing champion Anthony Joshua lift 40kg — with his neck
- Sharifa Murdock On Being A Black Woman Fashion Designer and Mentoring
- 'I was bullied into not calling 999'
- Ohio, Kansas races too close to call; Trump claims Ohio win
- Black Hat basics: Ruminations on 19 years of Black Hat Briefings
- Unfinished Business: Max Levchin’s Quest To Build the Next PayPal
- The Inside Story of Starbucks’s Race Together Campaign, No Foam
- How Lincoln returned from near death and restored Ford's luxury brand
- Etiquette and protocol highlights for royal wedding guests
- 50 of the best outfits from 'Mad Men'
Mark Field: Calls to sack top Tory for grabbing woman's neck at black tie dinner have 296 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 21, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.