That drive to the beach for vacation this summer will cost less this year than it did last year.Gas prices continue to drop, which is unusual for summer.According to GasBuddy.com, gas prices in the Harrisburg area have fallen 6 cents a gallon in the past week.The average price today is $2.74 a gallon, which is 15.9 cents lower than a month ago and 17 cents lower than a year ago. The national average price is $2.67 a gallon – 19.3 cents a gallon lower than a month ago.”For the sixth straight week, gasoline prices have declined nationally, a feat not often seen heading into the prime of summer driving season. It was a perfect week with every state seeing average gas prices decline versus last Sunday as stations continued to pass along the lower replacement cost as oil prices remain under considerable selling pressure, even after last week’s attack on two oil tankers which caused not much more than the oil market to blink,” said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. “Gas prices have been and will be unaffected by last weeks’ oil tanker attack and we’re highly likely to see the national average decline for its seventh… Read full this story
- Oil prices fall on demand concerns from US coronavirus case surge
- Risking coronavirus cases to reopen: Can Europe save its summer travel season?
- Gasoline prices resume decline after weeks of increases
- Oil market downturn turns heat on US shale producers
- UK green energy projects fall by wayside in dash for gas
- Experts Weigh In On Coronavirus-Related Risks Involved In Taking A Summer Trip As States Continue To Reopen
- Oil prices slide as spike in U.S. coronavirus cases casts gloom over fuel demand prospects
- 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Price Announced, Starts At $38,100
- Gill Meller's recipes for vibrant summer salads
- If the Virus Slows This Summer, It May Be Time to Worry
Gas prices fall as summer driving season heats up have 308 words, post on www.pennlive.com at June 17, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.