Donald Trump has lashed at at the European Union’s competition commissioner, Margrethe Vestager, for her regulatory campaign against American tech giants, accusing her of “hating the United States”.
The US president, without naming Ms Vestager, said the EU was out of line in “suing” US firms such as Facebook and Google and said that punishing those companies should be left to the US government.
Ms Vestager, a former Danish minister who is now the European Commission’s chief trust-buster, has led a series of investigations against tech firms, levying more than 7.9bn euros (£7.1bn) in fines against Google alone.
It comes Ms Vestager’s announced she would also investigate the Californian chipmaker…
- There was a combined $3.1 trillion at Donald Trump’s big tech meeting
- ‘Mr. Meltdown’: Donald Trump attacks Marco Rubio after the debate
- Donald Trump attempts to reset conversation with ‘America First’ economic plan
- Crowd boos when Donald Trump attacks Ted Cruz at conservative confab
- New Donald Trump attack video features footage of Hillary Clinton laughing amid shots of a burning compound
- Donald Trump attacks Hillary Clinton by blasting Bill’s ‘terrible record of women abuse’
- Donald Trump attacks ‘failing’ New York Times for implying that he called Howard Stern a ‘loser’
- Donald Trump attack ad turns Hillary Clinton into a malfunctioning robot
- Independent presidential candidate goes on fiery tweetstorm after Donald Trump attacks him as ‘puppet’
- Donald Trump attack ad: Obama is watching ‘Star Wars’ instead of warring with ISIS