San Diego is among the nation’s hotbeds for baseball talent and that should prove out once again during the 2019 MLB Draft. The area typically produces as many as four dozen draft picks during the three-day draft.
Three locals were picked Monday night when the first two rounds were conducted. Rounds 3-10 are being conducted Tuesday and rounds 11-40 will be completed Wednesday.
In the list below, slot is the suggested bonus amount for that pick. It is assigned only for the first 10 rounds.
Local Players in the 2019 MLB Draft
RD. | PICK | TEAM | PLAYER | POS. | SCHOOL | SLOT
1 | 13 | Twins | Keoni Cavaco | SS | Eastlake HS | $4,197,300
1 | 32 | Astros | Korey Lee | C | Vista HS/Cal | $2,257,300
2 | 71 | Orioles | Kyle Stowers | CF | Christian HS/Stanford | $884,200
5 | 165 | Yankeess |Ken Waldichuk | LHP | University City HS/Saint Mary’s | $309,500
6 | 197 | Red Sox | Chris Murphy | LHP | USD | $237,000
- Is San Diego County done building single-family homes?
- San Diego County ranks No. 3 in state with life-sciences jobs
- Consumer confidence high in San Diego County
- Phillies 2019 MLB Draft tracker, live chat, open thread
- San Diego County joins Trump’s ‘sanctuary’ lawsuit
- San Diego home price increases continue to outpace nation
- San Diego is 7th worst place for first-time homebuyers, study says
- San Diego home price increases fall behind nation, California
- San Diego home sellers are slashing prices
- Apartments lead increase in San Diego homebuilding