By Lorie Hailey Have white board, will teach! Associate Professor of Mathematics Kimberley Jenkins teaches her class outside on the front steps of historic Old Morrison on the Transylvania University campus.For most prospective Kentucky college students today, affordability remains a top concern, but they are more willing to pay for postsecondary education if they know they will receive a high return on that investment. Namely, a job in their career field soon after they toss their mortar boards into the sky on graduation day. Annual in-state Kentucky tuitions averaged $13,823 for 2017-18, according to CollegeCalc.org, and ranged from $3,888 at all the Kentucky Community and Technical College System institutions around the commonwealth to $40,500 at Centre College in Danville. Kentucky ranked 25th in expense nationally. The commonwealth’s 66 colleges and universities are competing for students now more than ever, and marketing to prospective students has changed dramatically over the past 10 years. Most schools first and foremost promote their academic profile, but that alone is no longer enough to entice tuition payers. Students want to know their time at an institution will not only be educational and fun but that the school also will prepare them for life after college…. Read full this story
- Hard Hitting Interview: Cardi B Gets Joe Biden to Back Tax Hike to Pay for Free Health Insurance, College Tuition
- Parents Push Back Against Rising Tuition Costs as College Classes Move Online
- Michigan State student petitioning for reduction of tuition for online classes calls for transparency
- Students call for colleges to cut tuition costs as school year begins online
- Students Protest Tuition Hikes as Universities Continue Online
- Former Theresa May aide attacks tuition fees 'Ponzi scheme'
- Our Views: College cost barriers much worse for Louisiana's black students; what's the solution?
- Philadelphia Pastor Calls for Reparations: 200 Years of Free College for Black Students
- Post-COVID: Business owners must seek to create value — Christopher Omoijiade
- Imperial College are the champions! The Scowler beats Grandmaster Wang to win University Challenge - but how many questions in epic final could YOU answer?
The Value Proposition of College Tuition have 343 words, post on www.lanereport.com at May 2, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.