Polygraph machines remain in use despite being widely discredited, and there are much better alternatives for seeking the truth Technology 22 May 2019 By Joshua HowgegoTHE Jeremy Kyle Show, which has been broadcast in the UK since 2005, was axed by ITV last week. It featured people with troubled relationships arguing in front of a live audience, often spiced up with the addition of a lie detector test. In an episode filmed recently, but never broadcast, a guest failed such a test designed to find out if he had cheated on his fiancée. He was later found dead. Lie detector tests aren’t exactly … Continue reading Subscribe for unlimited digital access Subscribe now for unlimited access DigitalUnlimited access to newscientist.com with over 30 years of archive content and 100+ science talksThe New Scientist app including the current issue, back issues and all issues of New Scientist: The CollectionSUBSCRIBE AND SAVE Print & digitalWeekly Print EditionUnlimited access to newscientist.com with over 30 years of archive content and 100+ science talksThe New Scientist app including the current issue, back issues and all issues of New Scientist: The CollectionSUBSCRIBEQuarterly by Direct DebitInclusive of applicable taxes (VAT)Existing subscribers, please log in with your email… Read full this story
- Colin Jost's lie detector test: Truth about Pete, Staten Island, Trump
- Lie-detector tests for White House employees is a dumb idea from a White House full of them
- Russell Simmons Passes Lie Detector Test Against Rape Claims, Tyrese Posts Bold Message About Him
- Steve Wilkos helps bust perv, failed TV lie detector test launches police investigation
- Queens DJ convicted of child porn possession could face lie detector tests as part of release
- Raiders take Gareon Conley, accused of rape, after he reportedly passed lie detector test earlier in day
- Michael Che, Colin Jost Take Lie Detector Tests And It's Hilarious
- Michael Flynn could face a lie detector and go undercover for Mueller probe
- Vietnam, a war between truth & lies
- Twitter Pummels Rudy Giuliani After He Declares 'Truth Isn't Truth'
The truth about lie detectors: They don't work and never have have 334 words, post on www.newscientist.com at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.