On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow Show,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) predicted that the Supreme Court will either directly overturn Roe v. Wade or roll it back so substantially that it will be effectively overturned.Host Rachel Maddow asked, “Do you think that the Supreme Court, when they get whichever one of these laws they choose…do you think that, within the next year, Roe will be overturned by the Supreme Court?” Schumer responded, “They will either overturn it directly, that’s what they probably want to do in their hearts, or they will so cut back and eliminate the effectiveness of Roe, that in effect they will have eliminated Roe. They will make it so hard for any woman to get an abortion that Roe will be in effect eliminated. So they’ll either do it directly or indirectly, but I believe they will try to do it.” Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Joe Biden Says Congress Should Protect Abortion Rights: 'Codifying Roe Through Legislation Must be Pursued'
- ‘It Did Sound Like A Physical Threat’: Jeffrey Toobin Calls Schumer’s SCOTUS Comments ‘Inappropriate’ And ‘Wrong’
- A Supreme Court retreat from Roe vs. Wade could begin this week with Louisiana abortion case
- Schumer rips Trump 'Medicare for all' op-ed as 'smears and sabotage'
- Get rid of your crony and bring in a general: Chuck Schumer tells Donald Trump he needs a military czar in complete control of manufacturing and distributing medical supplies to combat coronavirus
- Chuck Schumer Threatened Two Supreme Court Justices — But WaPo’s Story Is All About GOP’s Response
- Amy Schumer and Son Gene Visit Her Dad While Social Distancing: 'Hi Grandpa! We Love You!'
- Donald Trump: Chuck Schumer Should ‘Stop Complaining’ During Coronavirus Crisis
- Trump letter attacking Schumer is sent as President says 'this is not the time for politics'
- Schumer wants to deal with coronavirus crisis before talking infrastructure recovery plan
Schumer: SCOTUS Will Either Directly or Indirectly Overturn Roe have 328 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.