Angry residents shouted, cursed and booed the Oceanside City Council after its 3-2 vote to allow Integral Communities to again postpone a decision on its proposal to build hundreds of homes, a hotel and retail shops in the city’s last remaining agricultural region.The city’s planning staff and the appointed Planning Commission have three times recommended the council deny the North River Farms project, most recently on a 6-0 vote May 6. Each time the developer has subsequently pulled the project off a City Council agenda and reworked it in hopes of getting an approval.Council members Esther Sanchez and Ryan Keim opposed the latest postponement, which the developer requested Tuesday, the day before the hearing.Integral project manager Ninia Hammond said the delay would allow the developer to rework the project with city staffers to address more of the issues raised by residents. “This project has been going through the public review for quite some time,” said Councilwoman Esther Sanchez. “The same comments have been made by the public for well over a year now. I don’t see anything new here.”Councilmen Jack Feller and Christopher Rodriguez backed the motion by Mayor Peter Weiss to approve the request,.“I want to see what those… Read full this story
- Supervisors Vote Down Langhorne Farm Development Plan
- Supervisors Vote Down Langhorne Farm Development Plan (ICYMI)
- N. Korea snubs US move to postpone military drill with South
- U.N. Watchdog: North Korea Hasn’t Stopped Making Nukes
- Denbigh fire: Large blaze at Victorian North Wales Hospital
- Trump warns North Korea will be "met with fire and fury"
- Almost all German lakes and rivers face ecological crisis
- Gloucester, Mid North Coast NSW face unprecedented water shortages with drought, fires
- ‘Tis the Season for Holiday Shopping in the Tennessee River Valley
- How a narrowly avoided crocodile attack gave rise to a multi-million-dollar farming industry
North River Farms development postponed again have 318 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.