The Indian IT industry generates at least one lakh new jobs a year. But if you think that makes jobs readily available, the reality is different. That is because the industry, which employs more than four million people, has changed the way it hires. Basic skills are no longer in demand, and companies want candidates to be job-ready from day one.At a time when the sector continues to be on a hiring spree, Moneycontrol looks into what has really changed in the way IT companies recruit. The five-part series looks at each emerging trend with a detailed lens.Last time N Shivakumar*, a software engineer, was on the bench was over seven years back when he was a fresher and eager to learn. It was a frustrating time.Close “I started looking for other jobs during my three-month bench period and was ready to accept the first job I got. Anything felt better than sitting and doing nothing,” he said. related news IKEA’s shopping centres arm aims to open its first US mall within a year SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund Investment Plan: All you need to know about the new offering Passenger amenities: Railways grapples with hygiene demands post-coronavirus as it… Read full this story
- Boston fan throws drink onto court near Spurs bench, reportedly gets arrested (video)
- Celtics issue lifetime ban to fan who threw drink onto court near Spurs bench
- The Silence Of The Lambs sequel Clarice is commissioned by CBS... with planned series set a year after the Oscar-winning movie
- Serie A roundup: Belotti scores brace, Torino upsets Roma (video)
- 9/11 Ground Zero: why has its rebirth turned sour?
- Your Space: Pune Municipal Corporation fails to zero-in on Zero Stone upkeep
- Do A Barrel Roll!: The History Of The Star Fox Series
- IND vs SL: Sri Lanka arrive in Guwahati for T20I series against India
- ‘I Feel With Comedy That I Keep Getting Better’: Jim Gaffigan On ‘Troop Zero’ & Comedy Career
- India's Lady Sherlock Holmes Reveals Why Indians Hire Private Detectives
Moneycontrol IT hiring series Part 5: Are we nearing the zero bench period? have 345 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 20, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.