Rage 2 thrusts you into a vast Wasteland pretty early on and although the game is initially ridiculous, it gets really tough. There are tons of secrets hidden within the crevices of the game’s world so we’ve prepared this Rage 2 Beginners Guide with some tips if you’re a beginner at this game. Keep these key things in mind and your playthrough will go much smoother. Let’s get straight into these Rage 2 tips:
1. The BFG 9000BFG 9000 from DOOM before leaving Vineland for the first time.
Just keep a lookout red meteorite falling from the sky and landing just past the second three-way intersection to the right and up past Vineland.
The broken rock inside the impact site will have the BFG 9000 inside. Ammo is deadly but scarce. It’s hard to purchase and when you do find a merchant who has it – it costs a lot.
2. Waypointstraveling in your vehicle throughout the wasteland. Just stick to the purple trail so you can navigate around bridges and avoid backtracking.
3. Every Item Matters
Clear out the entire arena for ammo since you’ll need ammo in future missions and will have to back for it anyway. Purple points of interest everywhere mark these.
4. Use the Combat ShotgunThe Combat Shotgun can strip away the armor of enemies so you can finish them off with regular shots.
Enemies without armor can be one-shotted as well. You can also hit multiple enemies with a spread and aiming down the sights turns the pellets into a single slug that knocks back enemies so you can switch between alternate firing modes.
You can get this weapon by traveling to Gunbarrel and meeting John Marshall in his bar.
Once you accept his quest to rid the sewers of the mutant presence under the town, you can head down into the depths to find the Combat Shotgun. Look for the Ark buried under the town that you alone can access.
5. Get the Smart Rocket Launcher
You can find it hidden in the Strongbox Ark in the Torn Plains. This is just South of the Earthscar Ark so clear the area of bandits and collect your prize.
6. Fast Travel
If you’re not close to your vehicle or are deep into a mission location, even after said mission is complete, you cannot fast travel.
It’s a bit tricky but doable if you drive away in your car a bit and then fast travel.
7. Free Vehicle Repairs
You can fix it by going to the ‘Engine’ and holding L1/LB to replenish its meter. This task becomes more difficult when enemies surround you so it’s wiser to clear the area first.
8. Get the Shatter Nanotrite Ability
This unlocks the Shatter ability that allows you to dash into enemies with a lot of force that sends them flying and strips the armor from tough targets.
9. Get the Slam Nanotrite Ability
It’s hidden at the Earthscar Ark in the center part of Torn Plains region. Go to the ruined city area between the Forward Command Post and Vandal Villas. Clear these two bandit camps and then get the ability.
10. Help Dr. Kvasir FirstSearch and Recover projects and these give the biggest rewards.
Head to the Eden Space Station after finishing his quest and invest in projects like Collectible Tracking for Data Pads or Storage Containers.
These ping when you’re close to these items that can help you get rewards faster to earn more money. Other projects let you mine money quicker from alien worlds.
Start helping him out long before you meet him in person by inspecting Arks and Ranger Echo sites. Once you help him reach level 7, you’ll unlock the Icarus Gyrocopter and will have your travel experience in the game become much more fun.
It’s the only flying vehicle in the game so you can explore with much greater ease.
This is all we’ve in our Rage 2 Tips and Tricks. If you’ve anything else that you’d like to add, be sure to let us know!
- 10 tips for the Camino de Santiago
- 10 tips to ease your stress levels as our mental health spirals out of control
- How can gardeners cope during a hosepipe ban? 10 tips on gardening without sprinklers
- Horse racing tips for Wednesday, July 4
- From handheld fans to neck coolers, 10 products under £15 to keep cool in the heatwave
- Argos is doing a clearance sale on toys and prices start at 99p
- Boots is having a MASSIVE sale on baby items with prices starting at just 87p
- Top Tips for Successful Barbecues
- No-one in the family knew where hero granddad was buried
- Top tips to avoid the dreaded make-up meltdown
- Tipping confusion means Britons give away £78 too much during a typical holiday
- Fighting rages around key port city in Yemen
- When does I’m A Celebrity 2018 start and who is in the line-up? Latest rumours on who’s entering the jungle
- Ferrari Land: Start your engines for Europe's tallest (and fastest) rollercoaster
- I wish I could play for Rangers fans, says boss Steven Gerrard
- Joe Jackson reveals his dying wishes before his cancer death aged 89
- Best booted cars: These are the 10 highest-rated new estates on sale
- Wenger sends best wishes to old foe Fergie
- Top tips for Donald Trump ahead of his Windsor Castle meeting with the Queen
- Sure Start closures – where are the centres, what services do they offer and how many have shut?
10 Tips I Wish I Knew Before Starting Rage 2 have 892 words, post on segmentnext.com at May 17, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.