source REUTERS/Brendan McDermid Using data from Crunchbase Pro, Markets Insider highlighted the 15 acquisitions made by Pinterest since its inception in 2009. The target companies span a wide variety of categories, including social networks for peer-based restaurant recommendations and recipe sharing. Pinterest’s first acquisition was in 2010 and its latest was in 2017. Go to MarketsInsider.com for more information on Pinterest. Pinterest, the website for “pinning” images and shopping, has plans to go public this week at a valuation of $11 billion, which is lower than the $12 billion valuation it received from its most recent funding round. Pinterest is planning to set the range for its initial public offering at between $15 and $17 a share, giving it a valuation of $11.3 billion at the upper end of the range. Pricing for the IPO is expected this week and shares will trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker PINS. Similar to fellow “unicorn” Lyft, Pinterest lost money in 2018. The company reported a net loss of $63 million with revenue of $756 million in revenue in 2018. Though frequently compared to social-media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Pinterest has described itself in filing documents… Read full this story
- All the tech startups that have taken steps toward going public in 2019 — and those rumoured to be eyeing an IPO
- DealBook Briefing: Everything You Need to Know About the Pinterest I.P.O.
- How BuzzFeed’s Jonah Peretti Is Building A 100-Year Media Company
- Bessemer Ventures: Why We Invested In Pinterest
- Why companies are turning to private equity
- Pinterest's Dull Picture Is Uninspired
- Pinterest takes off in stock debut
- The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies Of 2015 In Social Media
- Thirteen Lessons Of Innovation To Guide You Through 2018
- How a small company above a N.J. pizza parlor put Kansas nursing home residents at risk
Pinterest is going public. Here are the companies it has taken over. have 304 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.