With flagships from Samsung and Huawei now crossing the $1,000 mark, there’s increased interest in “affordable flagship” devices that offer similar hardware at around the $600 price point. The latest data from Counterpoint Research reveals as much, with the likes of OPPO and OnePlus netting huge gains in the premium category. OnePlus in particular managed to break into the top five global brands in the premium category for the first time, following its ascension to the top five spot in the U.S.. Strong sales of the OnePlus 6T accounted for the increase in market share, with China, India, and Western Europe driving 90% of its global shipments. Phones selling for $400 and above are dubbed premium, and over the course of 2018 OPPO saw a massive 863% YoY increase in market share in this segment, with OnePlus coming in second with a 209% increase in market share. Xiaomi also saw a healthy 149% uptick in market share in the premium segment, and overall the category accounted for a 22% of all smartphone sales in 2018. Although there are 40 manufacturers that cater to the premium segment globally, Counterpoint notes that the top five players account for almost 90% of the… Read full this story
- Is your brand a 'Friend in Need' in the pandemic pandemonium?
- Rajesh Singh, Chairman of Kunwar’s Global School announces 25 percent rebate in tuition fees
- Change in FDI single brand retail policy will ease investment process: Retailers Association
- Lessons from China: How global business has changed forever
- Why brands are jumping on to the OTT bandwagon?
- OnePlus 8 Pro vs. Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus: Which should you buy?
- OnePlus Warp Charge 30 Wireless Charger review: Great for OnePlus owners, and nobody else
- OnePlus lays off workers in Europe as part of ‘restructuring plans’
- OnePlus Z 5G launch tipped for July 2020: Everything you need to know
- OnePlus Z 5G tipped to feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 processor
OnePlus breaks into the top five global brands in the premium category have 313 words, post on www.technobuffalo.com at April 16, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.