By Associated Press | PUBLISHED: April 9, 2019 at 12:26 am | UPDATED: April 9, 2019 at 12:28 am MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Latest on the NCAA Tournament championship game between Virginia and Texas Tech (all times local) 11:26 p.m. Virginia’s nail-biting trip through the NCAA Tournament will go down in history as one of the most clutch performances from game-to-game by any championship team. The Cavaliers’ overtime victory over Texas Tech made them just the sixth title team to win multiple-OT games in a tournament, and the first since Arizona accomplished the feat in 1997. They outscored their opponents by a scant 45 points, the third-lowest margin of victory by a championship team since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985. The only comfortable game was their opening win over No. 16 seed Gardner-Webb, and that came after falling into an early hole. Virginia beat Oklahoma 63-51 in the second round, edged Oregon 53-49 in the regional semifinals and needed a last-second floater to force OT in a win over Purdue. “We have a saying: The most faithful win,” Virginia coach Tony Bennett said. “These guys were so faithful. Obviously we had some amazing plays.” — Dave Skretta… Read full this story
- Winners announced for 2019 Virginias AP Broadcasters Awards
- American Virginia Thrasher Becomes First Gold-Medal Winner in Rio
- Suit: Hundreds of women received less pay at Virginia agency
- A Brief History of My Friend Stephen Hawking, the Man Who Changed Our Times
- Michelle Obama Asks DC Residents to ‘Stay Home’ While Barack Goes Golfing
- Black History Month's Origins Traced to Scholar's Efforts in 1926
- Justice Department Joins Virginia Church in Fighting Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam’s Lockdown
- Hilary Mantel and Virginia Woolf on the sounds in writers' minds
- Donald Trump puts himself at the heart of the 'lockdown rebellion' tweeting 'LIBERATE' Michigan, Virginia and Minnesota in broadside at Democratic governors day after saying they 'call the shots'
- Bill defining milk advances in Virginia legislature
NCAA Latest: Virginia’s clutch tourney goes down in history have 315 words, post on www.bostonherald.com at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.