APPLE’S next iPhone is “likely” to have an ultra-fast charger that can power it up to 50% charge from zero in half an hour. The rumoured iPhone 11 has been tipped to arrive with the speedy plug-and-cable in the box as standard. For years, Apple has supplied a measly 5-watt adapter with the iPhone. This charges very slowly compared to rival Android smartphones – leading some customers to fast-charging using the speedier iPad plug. But specialist Japanese tech site MacOtakara – which regularly provides scoops on Apple gear – reckons an upgrade is due for 2019. It’s claimed that the iPhone 11 will come with an 18W USB-C power adapter, and a Lightning to USB-C cable in the box. Right now, your iPhone has a Lightning port on the bottom – which connects to a USB port in the adapter. But MacOtakara claims that the USB port will be swapped out for an improved USB-C port (already featured on new MacBooks and iPads). This would then connect to your iPhone’s Lightning port using a brand new cable. It would mean that you could directly connect your iPhone to a new MacBook without any adapter-dongles. More importantly, it would mean your… Read full this story
- 30 is the new 40 when it comes to home runs these days
- When it comes to home runs, 30 is the new 40
- Spanish claim leg 4 in Ocean Race by just 4 minutes
- NBA 30 Teams/30 Days Preview: New power should make Clippers even better
- Shock and awe: No. 2 Wichita State makes history, hits 30-0
- Shockers first at 30-0 in regular season
- Durant’s 30 streak ends in Thunder’s romp
- Durant’s 30-point streak ends in Thunder’s romp over Nets
- How will the UFC fare going head-to-head with the New England Patriots?
- Michigan State routs New Orleans
iPhone 11 ‘will charge to 50% in just 30 minutes’ thanks to new ultra-fast plug and cable have 286 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 30, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.