Google has yet to announce the release of the next Pixel phone. Before you think of buying the current Pixel models, it’s best to wait for the latest iteration. Here’s why you should wait for the Google Pixel 4’s release.
While Google has been silent about the Google Pixel 4’s release, many clues about it were found in Android’s SELinux policy. According to AndroidCentral, device names such as “Coral” and “Needlefish” were found together with the Pixel devices. Some speculated that these could be some device codenames for the next set of Pixel devices.
In Google’s history, the company is fond of having thematic and eccentric naming patterns for the programs and devices they’ve released. For their smartphone OS releases, Google has consistently named it after sweets such as Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Oreo and the like.
Potentially, the themed names for Coral and Needlefish mean that it would be two products under the same line. These two are speculated to be the Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL.
Meanwhile, new Google patents also showed that the company is working on a new smartphone design. As seen on GottaBeMobile, the new design features dual cameras, which may introduce a new style of smartphone photography. Most smartphones with multiple cameras often have four lenses to give a sense of depth to pictures that users take. Meanwhile, the dual camera might do something else as both are found on the device’s back.
Moreover, the Google Pixel series has been releasing quality phones as of late. The current Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL boasts outstanding performance, high-spec camera, a large display, long battery life, and huge storage for files. Potentially, the Google Pixel 4 may have all these features on it but thoroughly improved for its users.
The new Pixel 4 might also include the four camera technology as it is the current norm with many smartphones aiming to provide its users with better looking pictures. Lastly, many users want to have the headphone jack back which can only be seen from the Pixel 3 Lite in the newest batch of their device. For now, we’ll have to wait on Google to start talking about this new device soon.
Pictured: An employee shows Google Inc.’s Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL smartphones during its sales launch event at a SoftBank Corp. store on November 5, 2018 in Tokyo, Japan. Photo: Getty Images/Tomohiro Ohsumi
- 7 reasons why the Google Pixel is the best Android phone
- New Google Pixel smartphone debut expected October 4
- Some Google Pixel 2 phones are making weird clicking noises, customers say
- The limited edition ‘Really Blue’ Google Pixel phone is already sold out
- Google Pixel 2 vs iPhone X: The biggest differences between the two
- I’ve been an iPhone user for 10 years — here’s what happened when I switched to the Google Pixel 2 for a week
- Google has made a major post-Brexit investment in the UK by opening new data centres
- Manila, other airports need major upgrades
- 5 reasons why the iPhone is better than the Google Pixel
- New Google Pixel expected Oct 4