Women’s Day 2019: The government has allocated more than 30 per cent funds under various schemes in order to bring women in the agriculture mainstream, Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said Thursday. A special emphasis has been given on the role and contribution of women in doubling the income of farmers by 2022, he said on the eve of the International Women’s Day. Besides, women-based activities have been started to reach the benefits of different beneficiary-oriented programmes and missions to women, he said in a statement. Singh said the participation of women in the decision-making bodies at the state, district and block levels under the ATMA scheme has ensured their involvement in the planning process. Along with this, changes in reporting proformas have been made to maintain the statistics of benefits reaching women, he said adding that a book showing the norm of fixed aid for woman farmers is also being published. That apart, a National Gender Resource Centre in Agriculture has developed a women sensitisation module to bring about change in the mindset and behaviour of male programme operators, he added. The minister further said in the team of committed extension personnel under the revised ATMA scheme in 2014,… Read full this story
- A green payments scheme could help farmers bridge subsidy ‘funding gap’
- International Women's Day 2019: How the day began and why the fight for women's rights is still necessary
- When is Mothers Day 2019? All you need to know
- What date is Mother's Day 2019 and what is the history behind it
- When is Mother's Day 2019 in the UK?
- Trump to declare 'emergency' to fund border wall, sign bill to avert govt shutdown
- Happy Baby-making Day 2019! Why is January 2 the most popular day for couple’s to conceive?
- Recap deadline day as Boro miss out on targets and striker leaves
- Women try to find their feet in French agriculture
- Young farmers in Romania hampered by lack of bank guarantees
Women's Day 2019: Over 30% funds for agriculture-schemes targeted towards woman farmers, says govt have 312 words, post on news.abplive.com at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.