After JJ Abrams’ initial casting announcement last year, several other newcomers were reported to have signed up. One of those was former Doctor Who and The Crown favourite Matt Smith – but he’s now said he won’t be in it after all. Indeed, his casting was never confirmed by Lucasfilm – so was it a false alarm all along? Or is he just good at keeping the secrets?
He told the LA Times: “As far as I can tell, I’m definitely not [in it].”
Variety reported last August that he was on the line-up, joining the likes of Richard E Grant, Keri Russell, Naomi Ackie and Dominic Monaghan as a new arrival in a galaxy far, far away.
However he has been noticeably missing from many of the alleged leaks and rumoured plot details that have spilled out in recent months.
It’s not unusual for incoming stars to keep quiet on who they’re playing, but it is rare for them to lie outright about being in it – so can we assume we won’t see Smith after all?
In any case, footage from Episode 9 was shown to shareholders yesterday.
One person who attended, Scott Ladewig, posted: “The footage from Avengers, Episode IX, Lion King, and Aladdin all looked great. Hopefully the people up in arms about the genie will settle down once they see what we saw.”
Pushed further on Episode 9, he wrote: “We saw a blockade runner in an abandoned looking hangar. An explosion knocking Stormtroopers in a starship hangar bay.
“Kylo Ren in a white room looking at the Vader helmet. Rey, Finn, Poe in Falcon cockpit.
“Lando briefly. Rey with Chewie’s bowcastet. Finn in some abandoned looking ship interior.
“So @dizparks just reminded me that we saw a marketplace (?) scene with Rey walking through and some aliens.”
Episode 9 wrapped last month and is still without an officially announced title.
Star Wars Celebration – poised to take place in mid-April – should shine new light on what is ahead.
Star Wars 9 is out on December 19.
- Maybe Star Wars Should Stop Being Movies
- D23 Expo announcements: All the Marvel and Star Wars news from the event
- Andor timeline: How long before Rogue One and Star Wars A New Hope is Andor set?
- Star Wars: Rogue One star on not returning to series - ’They’re shooting right now’
- Beyond Star Wars: The movies that made Harrison Ford
- Star Wars actor confirms series exit - 'This is it for me'
- Star Wars writer was 'forced to cut’ Rey and Finn romance in The Force Awakens
- Rian Johnson Wasn't Trying to Change Star Wars, He Was Just Trying to Make a Great Movie
- Star Wars' BIPOC Fans Speak Out on Lucasfilm Addressing Racism in Fandom
- Star Wars: Liam Neeson shares Phantom Menace memories and lightsaber 'secret'
- How Star Wars rescued Harrison Ford from a career in carpentry
- When Ranbir Kapoor Rejected A Role In Star Wars
- Star Wars' Ewan McGregor left friend Danny Boyle ‘in tears’ after 10-year feud
- Star Wars: Rogue One fans dealt bad news ahead of Andor
- Andor Season 1: All you need to know about Star Wars series
- Andor: Ewan McGregor’s Obi-Wan Kenobi ‘has reoccurring role in the new Star Wars show’
- Squid Game actor Lee Jung-jae to star in Star Wars series The Acolyte
- Darth Vader is returning to Star Wars in Rogue One
- Star Wars fans LOVE new theory of why Yoda’s Force ghost was so different in The Last Jedi
- E-Junkies: Genevieve O'Reilly of Star Wars' Andor scored first acting job in Singapore
Star Wars 9 leaks: THIS huge actor ‘is NOT in the movie’ despite reports have 672 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.