George Hunter The Detroit News Published 4:21 PM EDT Mar 20, 2019 Detroit — A Pittsburgh-area official and her husband were charged Wednesday with various crimes after they allegedly caused a ruckus in a downtown Detroit hotel. Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said Allegheny County Controller Chelsa Wagner interfered with Detroit police officers as they were preparing to remove her husband, Khari Mosley, from the Westin Book Cadillac Hotel on March 6. Wagner is charged with two counts of resisting and obstructing the police, a felony carrying a maximum penalty of two years in prison, and one misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct. Mosley also was charged with disorderly conduct, and another misdemeanor, disturbing the peace. The misdemeanor charges carry a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail. “The officers involved in this case used remarkable restraint while dealing with the combined actions of these defendants,” Worthy said in a press release. “The evidence will show that during the incident Ms. Wagner and Mr. Mosley disparaged the officers and the hotel employees.” Thomas Fitzpatrick, attorney for the couple, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment Wednesday afternoon. Last week, Wagner and Mosley issued a statement through a public relations firm saying “our rights… Read full this story
- Bay Area Greenpeace activists charged in White House protest
- 2 Pittsburgh-Area Malls To Close For Thanksgiving
- Officials: Husband Charged In Connection To Death Of 22-Year-Old Woman In Monroe Township
- Husband Charged After Allegedly Using Nasal Spray Ingredient to Murder Wife
- Pittsburgh police cite owner of pit bull shot by officer
- Steelers’ Kameron Kelly Charged with Making Terroristic Threats at Bar
- DNA Links '70s Rapes to Serial Slaying Cases / Unknown Southern California killer was 'East Area Rapist'
- Mali hotel attack: At least 21 dead, more than 150 freed after gunmen take hostages at Radisson Blu in Bamako
- Storms ready to lash the Bay Area as holiday travel ramps up
- Allegheny County Controller Chelsa Wagner, Husband Officially Charged After Michigan Hotel Incident
Pittsburgh-area politician, husband charged in Detroit hotel ruckus have 324 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.