Earlier today, Respawn released the first significant balance-changing update for Apex Legends and it’s nerfed two of the most powerful weapons.
Of course, we’re talking about the Peacekeeper and Wingman, both of which often come up in conversations about which guns are over-powered. We all knew a nerf was coming, then, and now it’s here, with each weapon having their stats reduced and various tweaks made to their functions with the developer also reducing the availability of both.
For more, here’s a full list of what was changed with the latest update for Apex Legends:
- Rate of fire reduced from 3.1 -> 2.6 shots per second.
- Skullpiercer Headshot damage multiplier reduced from 2.5 -> 2.25
- Increased base hip fire spread and decreased the rate at which hip fire spread decays (shrinks back down).
- Shotgun Bolt rechamber rate has been reduced for the Peacekeeper only.
- Level 1 mitigation 10% -> 7.5%
- Level 2 mitigation 20% -> 13%
- Level 3 mitigation 25% -> 16%
- Wingman and Peacekeeper availability has been reduced in all zone tiers.
- Increased availability of energy weapons & ammo in all zone tiers.
MORE FROM THE WEB
Additionally, Respawn also issued the following statement, explaining the changes:
“We’ve found that the Skullpiercer Wingman has been on the stronger end, but it’s designed to be a weapon with a higher skill ceiling. Our adjustments are attempting to move it more into the hand cannon space and away from full auto Deagle. We’ve also adjusted the rate of fire of the Peacekeeper with Shotgun Bolt attachment, so players will have a larger window of vulnerability if they miss their shot. Additionally, the scarcity of energy ammo and lower number of energy weapons overall has made those weapons difficult to main, so we’ve increased energy weapon and ammo availability.”
As far as we can tell, there were no new weapons, characters or anything else added to the game with this update, as we presume that’s all coming next week with the first Battle Pass. But still, it’s nice to see Respawn taking the constructive criticism from fans to heart and addressing it in a timely manner.
Of course, there’s quite a long list of things that need to be tweaked, nerfed and/or changed, but we’ve no doubt that the developer will continue to improve Apex Legends as time goes on and with the first season not even having kicked off yet, it appears that the best is truly yet to come.
- Apex Legends Becomes CS GO With New Arenas Mode | Digital Trends
- Apex Legends Nintendo Switch review – an impressive yet deeply compromised competitive experience
- 'Apex Legends' is a free-to-play game which means there are microtransactions
- Want to know when you can get the first 'Apex Legends; Battle Pass?
- Apex Legends hacked - Respawn responds to reported server issues and Titanfall message
- Apex Legends DOWN: EA server status news as matchmaking issues strike
- ‘Apex Legends’ Is Showing That ‘Overwatch 2’ Is A Mistake
- Apex Legends is Getting a New Stand-alone Mobile Version | Digital Trends
- Apex Legends' next character is microdrone-wielding legend Seer
- Apex Legends season 10 trailer reveals new legend Seer
- Apex Legends Thrillseekers event debuts a new Arenas map, skins, bundles, and more
- Apex Legends Emergence First Details: New Legend, Ranked Arenas, Release Date
- Apex Legends Director Teases New Legend, Confirms Season 10 Will Add Ranked Arenas
- Can my phone play Apex Legends Mobile?
- How Apex Legends' Overflow Map Takes A Different Approach To Arenas
- How To Watch Today's EA Play FPS Showcase: Battlefield 2042 And Apex Legends
- Steam Deck might not run Destiny 2, Apex Legends, and more
- New Fallout 76 Update Ends The Brotherhood Of Steel Storyline, Adds Legendary Crafting And More
- US Has Produced its First in New Line of Updated 475-Kiloton Thermonuclear Warheads
- XCOM Legends Gets a Surprise Mobile Spin-Off, Available Now | Digital Trends
New Apex Legends Update Nerfs Two Powerful Weapons have 639 words, post on wegotthiscovered.com at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.