On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “AC360,” former Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe stated that he did not believe Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s offer to wear a wire while meeting with President Trump was a good idea.Host Anderson Cooper asked, “[A]t the time that — in the book that Rosenstein offered to wear a wire to a meeting with the president…did you think that was a good idea?” McCabe answered, “Absolutely not.” McCabe added, “I felt like it was an incredibly invasive and potentially precedent-setting thing to do. I didn’t think it was necessary at that point. I mean, if you think about it, the reason you would send someone in with a concealed recording device to tape the utterances and the statements of a subject is to capture evidence of intent. We didn’t need to do that in this case. We knew what the president intended. He made — through his own public statements, statements to Lester Holt in the infamous interview where he talked about thinking about Russia when he fired the director of the FBI. So, it was really some — it was a risky and controversial position that I did not want to put the agency in.” Follow Ian Hanchett… Read full this story
- Let’s not pretend the new Palm ‘phone’ is actually a good idea
- Reasons Why Scrapping Your Car Is A Good Idea
- Facebook is audaciously launching a video gadget for your home, called Portal. Is that a good idea?
- Sticking a leather cover on my laptop seemed like a good idea
- The Beermat Entrepreneur: Turn Your good idea into a great business (3rd Edition), reviewed
- Huawei doesn’t think shrinking the chin on a phone smaller is a good idea
- Huawei doesn’t think shrinking the chin on a phone any more is a good idea
- The Jonas Brothers Reunion Was a Good Idea After All
- This Apple Rumor That Refuses to Die Is a Very Good Idea
- Bill de Blasio Actually Had a Good Idea
McCabe: I Didn’t Think Rosenstein Offering to Wear a Wire Was a Good Idea have 343 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 19, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.