Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)’s Green New Deal legislation will abolish I.C.E. — the internal combustion engine. The bill introduced Thursday by Ocasio-Cortez and Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) requires “overhauling transportation systems in the United States to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector” through investment in “zero-emission vehicle infrastructure and manufacturing,” a move which would necessarily eliminate the internal combustion engine as we know it.An outline released on Thursday of the Green New Deal’s proposals identifies “14 infrastructure and industrial projects,” including a goal to “replace every combustion-engine vehicle”: Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with [the] goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle.” (emphasis added). These transportation mandates, coupled with the Green New Deal’s call for the U.S. to have “net-zero emissions by 2050,” will impact nearly every sector of the economy and every region of the country–especially the Rust Belt states that were crucial to President Donald Trump’s 2016 election victory. An estimated 7 million Americans work in the automotive industry and earn their living from manufacturing, selling, or servicing cars and… Read full this story
- Barack Obama Backs Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez In New Round Of Endorsements
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wins in New York: 5 Things to Know About Youngest Woman Ever Elected to Congress
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Proclaims ‘We Made History’ In Electrifying Victory Speech
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Had Odd Celebrity Moment At Men's Restroom
- From Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to Ilhan Omar: 10 Women Who Will Change America
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Demonstrates How Beto O’Rourke Could Beat Ted Cruz in Texas
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wins, Becoming Youngest Woman Ever Elected To Congress
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez youngest woman ever elected to Congress
- Democrats’ Green New Deal Wing Takes Shape Amid Wave Of Progressive Climate Hawk Wins
- Why Did Barack Obama Endorse Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez but Not Beto O'Rourke?
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal Abolishes the Internal Combustion Engine have 326 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 7, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.